A truce between Atheists and Non-Atheists?

by palmtree67 699 Replies latest jw friends

• bohm
    bohm

hahaha! I just visited noevidencezone.com, they have even imitated the layout of this site!

• cofty
    cofty

The current hot topics are..

"Why oh Why are Atheists so Angry" - Personally I'm chilled, my posts are all made in cold blood.

and

"The Cost of Negativity"

The list of cliches on the angry atheists thread is astonishing.

• bohm
    bohm

(double post)

• bohm
    bohm

Q: Why is there are need for a new forum?

A: To discuss spiritual matters without having to defend belief all the time

And a few months later, the forum is being used to discuss how awfull people on this forum is, how negative we are, how bad we make them feel, how they are being opressed (come on, that is the OLDEST cliche in the christian playbook!) by us and so on.

• sizemik
    sizemik

stir people up and galvanize the flock by the critisism, along with making sure she is in the center of everything all the time. Im not claiming its a cult, but it is a way of creating an us vs them situation. . . . bohm

The persecution complex must be regularly fed . . . that's why Freddie dreamed up his no-blood policy. It requires controversy and polarisation . . . after a while, as an "us", you begin to see it everywhere.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

It was the shameful way she used Oompa's death as a way to bring attention to herself that was the final straw for me. If any of you knew the true story behind all that, you would be appalled.

Social etiquette and just plain old good manners, say that posting obituaries and mediating between "so-called family", is generally left to family of the deceased or very close friends. Only an attention whore of the highest rank, would take over those duties at such a sad time.

The ease with which her followers were able to ignore even universally accepted social norms in that situation and the lengths they went to to show support of what she was doing, tells me they are blinded and no longer in control of themselves.

Didn't any of the followers notice how she suddenly dropped all the "OOHH!! OHHHH!! Dear ones, I have a message for you from Dearest OOOmpa's family!!" ??

It was because she had to be beaten over the head and have shoved down her throat, information which she wasn't entitled to, just to make her stop.

I'm sure all this means nothing to her "faithful"......

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Bohm, there are not one but two new forums. One, Shelby's one, is open to anyone and everyone and all are welcome...I think you got the wrong end of the stick there, Q! You can't have read as much as you say if you missed that welcome to everyone.

ElderE! Which bit of AGuest's post can possibly have led you to say she was "chastising" Q? Was it the bit where she said "No-one cares if you come visit...except maybe you"? This is how myths are created. I can't see one word of chastisement there...which bit sounded chastising to you? The other forum, bohm, is secret, closed and private. You can't look in. It's locked, unless you are invited. That's the atheist forum. You could of corse ask New Chapter, the forum's owner, if you can join and then you can look at both forums and see which you think is angry and which not, and which is more to your taste.

I'm in the fortunate position of having experienced both, because ElderE very kindly invited me to NC's, and I was there for a couple of months or so, maybe a little longer. So I know both, and it was the negativity in one that prompted me to check out the other to see if it was as bad as I was being told. I am now enjoying the openness of Shelby's forum and also the company there. The facts speak for themselves. Why not try it out and see?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    The other forum, bohm, is secret,

Well, I guess it's not "secret" any more, blabbermouth.

• perfect1
    perfect1

WHY AM I ALWAYS LEFT OUT OF EVERYTHING

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

You're not, perfect.

http://xjwsforchrist.madmooseforum.com/

sorry, it's not so easy to make a link via the iPad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit