A truce between Atheists and Non-Atheists?

by palmtree67 699 Replies latest jw friends

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Absolutely does.

• cofty
    cofty

The small group of evangelical atheists here display many (not of course all) of the characteristics of the JW's that many of them once were - Chariklo

This is the sort of calculated insult that makes understanding and useful discussion impossible.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

This is the sort of calculated insult that makes understanding and useful discussion impossible.

Well, that and saying Jesus whispered in your ear that posters are alcoholics and are going to die. And some worshippers of peaceful Jesus saying how much they want to drive nails into posters with a hammer.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

No insult, Cofty. Definitely not meant as such nor so in. Fact. Just the truth.

Uncomfortable, maybe, but the truth. And you would be surprised how many quiet people are out there agreeing.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Definitely not meant as such nor so in. Fact. Just the truth. Uncomfortable, maybe, but the truth. And you would be surprised how many quiet people are out there agreeing.

It's true that it's your opinion. And insulting, whether you meant it to be so or not.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

what we need is a policy of mutually assured destruction

"if you get snarky at me, my peoples will run up on ya"

atheism can lead to just as much happiness as theism

theism can give someone just as much fulfillment as atheism.

no theistic approach is better than another. at least the ones that don't break laws or common sense.or are cults

i think those attacks are unfair.

atheists aren't angry at god. they don't believe he exists.

a moral code ascribed to a god is every bit as valid a moral code without. with the previously mentioned exclusion of cults for obvious reasons.

i find it troubling that the few times someone says something disparaging about muslims and terrorists or such, there's very little pushback on that. is that theistic approach any worse than another?

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

nc you have a pm

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Some are obviously just here to bait and taunt.

Just ignore them.

• cofty
    cofty

No insult, Cofty. Definitely not meant as such nor so in. Fact. Just the truth.

Disgraceful.

• rather be in hades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit