A truce between Atheists and Non-Atheists?

by palmtree67 699 Replies latest jw friends

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

yeah but my wife is in bed and huffing at the noise of my typing :S hehe

• cofty
    cofty

Sweet dreams ;)

• tec
    tec

yeah but my wife is in bed and huffing at the noise of my typing :S hehe

Lol... now that sounds familiar.

Common ground ;)

Peace,

tammy

• elderelite
    elderelite

Coffy, i agree whole heartly on that. But as a former follower of the wt cult i reconize that trying to convince someone they are in a cult only goes so far. After a while you are just pushing them deeper into it. Tec has been reasoned with adinfinitium about this. In the end she is grown and if she choose to continue following its her choice :) we can remain viglant about warning newer one from the cult, but some are simply happy following. It really is their choice.

• cofty
    cofty

You are right elderlite.

I am conscious of the many who read such threads who are spiritually vulnerable and searching.

The promise of a spiritual mentor who eschews religion and church and who receives amazing visions could be very tempting.

That is why I think it is important to challenge something that I am convinced is potentially abusive.

• elderelite
    elderelite

And i hope its abundantly clear i agree and do the same cofty! I feel its critical to engage people and reason with them so that they do not fall prey to something without seeing the other side. If they still choose after seeing others call "BS" then so be it.

• cofty
  • tec
    tec

Just can't see it, can you?

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

I came to bring war, not peace!

Everyone is ugly!

• still thinking
    still thinking

mmmmmm....I see dead people...

Share this