I Have Become a Successful Author

by OnTheWayOut 99 Replies latest members private

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Congratulations! I just bought the Kindle version and can't wait to get started reading it.

I'm working along similar lines and hope to emulate your success!

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I read earlier draft copies about two years ago when OTWO was helping me through a tough time when I was in the process of being DF'ed and starting a divorce.

One, thanks, OTWO, for your help during that tough time.

Two, it's an excellent read and I highly recommend it.

• minimus
    minimus

CONGRATS!!!!!

I think you are our first author? (Unless farkel might be one too).

• Dagney
    Dagney

Awesome OTWO!!! Very proud and happy for you. xx

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I think you are our first author? (Unless farkel might be one too).

Hey now, I've had stuff published as far back as 1998! You about things like virtual memory managers and parallelism in computing. That counts, right? ;)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Just gunna answer a few:

Cobaltcupcake: Success? Yeah, $12 so far. Maybe another $10 over the next quarter. Yeah, great. It's a start, though.

EP, thanks man. I am now able to say I am an author at cocktail parties. If only there were cocktail parties in my life.

Minimus, we have many authors here. Some have made whole paychecks from it. I won't list them. Let them tell us about it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Well done!

I once wanted to be a screenwriter.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Congratulations OTWO. Is this the book I read last year?

• minimus
    minimus

WOW! I didn't know that.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Good deal! I know the most important thing you want to do is to tell your story, and getting some coin is a nice bonus.

My first book was a booklet I did in 1984 about the Timex/Sinclair computer. I self published and actually made some profit. A few years ago I found it had been pirated, which I consider to be an honor. If your work is unworthy of pirates stealing it, then that is sad. I sent the pirates a better quality PDF than the one they had posted since I thought my work deserved better presentation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit