I Have Become a Successful Author

by OnTheWayOut 99 Replies latest members private

• willyloman
    willyloman

I don't visit here much anymore, maybe once or twice since we had lunch in Chicago in, what? June, or July? Today I stopped in to see if any was anything new going on and found this. I' m happy to add my recommendation for your book:

If you read this, you will find yourself thinking, Hey, I had the same questions myself! And, Hey, something just like that happened to me!

We all share a bond (A Bond of Brothers?) because we all experienced the same journey and a similar ephiphany. We all had the same disfunctional "family" and we all paid about the same price for leaving it to find our own way in a world that simply cannot understand why our experience was so profound - unlike leaving, say, the Baptist church.

So download this book or get the hard copy. It's really well written and goes deep. A writer once said, "To write well, you have to open up a vein and leave your blood on the page." This writer did.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Willyloman, those are some humbling words. Thank you. I will call you this week.

• Etude
    Etude

OnTheWayOut: I finally managed to buy the Kindle version. I hope to start reading it soon. Congratulations.

• arwen
    arwen

Just finished reading your book on Kindle. Very well written and extremely accurate. I really enjoyed it and I hope many of our newbies will take the opportunity to read it. Thank you for your hard work.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Etude, I hope you like(d) it.

Arwen, thanks a bunch.

I looked here because I wanted to say that an active JW read the book and posted a review. It is clear from the comments that s/he read the book in it's entirety. Take a look if you like: http://www.amazon.com/Fade-Truth-Unlearning-Witnesses-ebook/product-reviews/B007XAMTCW/ref=sr_1_2_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I read that review and the comments that followed. They can't stop preaching, can they?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Hortensia, thanks for your thoughts. I saw that same thing.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I got the impression the commenter was associated with jws. Maybe I read it wrong but don't they say they were contacted on the door to door work 12 months ago? Plus they openly say they don't count time while volunteering but don't mention going preaching themselves. And finally wouldn't the congregation look down on a baptised witness spending their time "making gazebos" for the needy and volunteering at R Mc Donald house?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Doofdaddy, I doubt it's all true. Also, this person does a thing similar to Aguest; deliberate obfuscation. S/he doesn't actually say they are not counting ANY time at Ronald McDonald House- they compound the statement to indicate that they are not counting some part of the time while making it appear they said they were counting none of it: "If we were shoving religion down their throats and counting time for when were there, as you assume, your objections would be absolutely right."

I am pretty sure that means they are not counting the time spent serving or cleaning or otherwise not engaged in recruiting.

Otherwise, I highly doubt they are a fully engaged JW actually doing as they said. Most likely, they are a JW creating a false personality because they know they shouldn't read the book. They justify their reading by giving negative ratings to discourage others from reading.

• flipper
    flipper

My wife and I finished this book a few months ago and I highly recommend it to anybody here. It really helps people to see the various situations and dillemmas that are faced when a person works at fading from the JW organization. Good job OTWO ! People will benefit from your efforts. We enjoyed the book very much

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit