I Have Become a Successful Author

by OnTheWayOut 99 Replies latest members private

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Thanks, Flipper. I enjoy whatever you have to say (or play on your guitar) too.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

You guys are all so cool. I'm glad to know you! Just had to say that.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I bet you are cool, mamochan13. (Anyone in Canada is probably really cool, especially in February.)

• Pickler
    Pickler

Hey OTWO, I got your book this afternoon, put it on Kindle & couldn't stop reading, finished now (nearly 1am my time!).

Wow, it's so familiar, so much of it. I've never read anything where I related so much to the content. The messed up families (lots of us). Trying to do the right thing for so long. The atmosphere in the congregations!

i really liked where you said that the WTS was answering the wrong questions, questions you hadn't asked. I'm going to think about this a lot over the next few days, but I had one of those wierd "light bulb" moments, so i will read it again later.

Thanks for writing your story, it's great!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Pickler, that is such a great compliment. Thanks.

Many of my thoughts came as "light bulb" moments. I read something or was typing something or venting and [TA DA] the light came on.

I really understood myself much better when I figured that I was searching in the dark, WTS gave me their artificial light, and then I forgot what I was searching in the dark for.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I didn't know about this and that is great !!

Congrats dude !! Serious props on this !!

It is great how you have taken something negative and made it a huge positive, very inspirational.

Just awesome, truly !

• Thetis
    Thetis

Downloaded to my kindle.

Congratulations Can't wait to read it! Every book I read about an individual's journey to freedom, helps me to heal.Thanks!

• Open mind
    Open mind

Hi Jerry,

Your book was my "guilty pleasure" for grocery store check-out line reading for the last couple of months. I'm ALWAYS running into JWs at the store and I thought it would be fun to be reading a full-blown piece of apostasy while saying my hellos. It happened 3 or 4 times before I finally finished the book.

I fully concur with WillyLoman's review above. Your honesty was refreshing.

Take care,

om

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This response is still amazing me. Thanks all. If you really read the book, please feel free to change your Amazon profile to an anonymous one and leave a review.

Psac, serious thanks to you.

Thetis, I hope you enjoy it and/or have help healing.

Open Mind, now I am up there with the National Enquirer and Snickers bars, WOO HOO! You know, it didn't seem strange at all to be brutally honest and share it with the world. It seemed like great healing.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    I hope to follow in your footsteps.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit