I Have Become a Successful Author

by OnTheWayOut 99 Replies latest members private

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Mamochan13, that's a great compliment. I bow to your wonderful words.

Deceived, thanks for your support.

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

OTWO: I'm happy for you! What you've written could be a great source of aid for those still "in" and are affected by this cult!

Peace

Kool Jo

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

OTWO, I finished your book last night. I really liked your writing style - it was very honest and heartfelt. You don't sound bitter about your experiences, merely relating your life story and moving on.

Nicely done.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

OTWO, I ordered my hardcopy yesterday ... looking forward to reading it!

00DAD

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Kool Jo, I had hoped at least a few people get some benefit out of reading it. If not, I got benefit out of writing it. But I already know that a few liked it, so I got my wish.

Palmtree67, thanks. I was bitter but was trying to relate in a dry slightly humorous way without being bitter over-the-top. As I let go of what I wrote (quite literally releasing it from my bitterness), I was concerned that the last chapters would be from a different person, especially after I took a few months break to get to them. But I think, by then knowing it was to be a book for others to read, I managed to keep the same mindset until the end with a gradual letting go in the undertone.

00Dad, even some hard copies. WOO HOO! I ordered one to send to my therapist who has it all in loose copies. I may get it for myself one day.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Good story, only half way so far, so many things i experienced as well

• KristiKay
    KristiKay

I don't know alot about computers, but I downloaded Kindle on my laptop, ordered the book and for some reason I can't get it to work!!! It says something about the dictionary is haveing problems, but it won't let me do anything....I have a good laptop that usualy gives me no problems, so I have no idea what to do. Anyways I'm looking forward to reading it once I get this figured out.

• Open mind
    Open mind

I enjoyed reading drafts of a few chapters before.

Will happily download the finished version to the Kindle app on my smartphone later today.

That way I'll have something to read at the Memorial next year.

Plus, now I can mention my "author friend" at cocktail parties.

Good job OTWO!

om

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Finallysomepride, let me know if the hero lives at the end.

KristyKay, I know nothing of such stuff. PM me for the free version if you don't get it running.

Open Mind, I will use the "author" angle if it works to my advantage.

HEY EVERYBODY, if you read the Kindle or print version and have anything to say, good or bad, feel free to add to Amazon's customer reviews.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Hey Alan Miller!

I just finished your book. What an interesting read. I like your personal tone and overall conversational writing style - I could really relate.

So many aspects of your journey parallel my own (I'm also not from St. Louis, lol) ...

I really appreciated your comparison of the JW World View to Anamorphosis, brilliant!

Anamorphic Sidewalk Art

I'll write more later, but wanted to make a quick comment before I head off to work!

Thanks again,

00DAD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit