I Have Become a Successful Author

by OnTheWayOut 99 Replies latest members private

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    kurtbethel - "I sent the pirates a better quality PDF than the one they had posted since I thought my work deserved better presentation."

LOL

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Dagney, yes it is awesome. Thanks.

EP, it all counts. The point here is that many of us have success in life after/instead of the JW's.

Vidiot, maybe you can still do that.

Mickey Mouse, yes. I shared with others before. It is the published copy. My point was that I finally made twelve dollars on it, making me a published author who has sold books.

kurtbethel, you really got it. The most important thing.... Yup!

• Scott77
    Scott77

For those of you unable to find this book on Amazon, here is a picture of the same complete with the author's name. Enjoy reading this first person account of his down-to-earth experiences of having lived it, been there, saw it and know how it feels to be within a Cult.

Fade From the Truth: A Tale of Learning then Unlearning the Beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Well in that case I highly recommend it. I read it in two days at the end of last year, it was a good page turner.

• VIII
    VIII

Congratulations OTWO! I am going to order it for the Kindle!

• Scott77
    Scott77

I think, Alan Miller had done a fantastic job to share his experience of living within the Cult religious group of Jehovah's Witnesses. The knowledge that he has been there, lived it should provide irrefutable and compelling reason to read this book. I know very well, a lot people are trapped in Cult groups and do not know what to. That is why Alan Miller's first hand experiences should be a necessary reading. I strongly recommend it.

Scott77

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

I was trying to remember what I liked about OTWO's style of writing and want to mention that he speaks in a kind of wry tone that I liked and which made it so readable, aside from the fact that as X-ers we identify with him.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Scott77, thanks for posting the cover with title. I won't go anywhere close to so far as your comment that this should be "necessary reading." But thanks for your positive comment about the book.

Mickey Mouse, thank you for your ringing endorsement.

VIII, I hope you like it.

jojeffer, I am happy that you have found your way. Best of luck to you.

crmsici, I looked that up:
    WRY:

1. Using or expressing dry, esp. mocking, humor.
    2. (of a person's face or features) Twisted into an expression of disgust, disappointment, or annoyance.

I hoped someone would feel that way about what I wrote. When I first started my story, it was a complicated explanation of what was wrong with me and what was wrong with JW doctrine. I hated it myself and realized I had to find inspiration to really get the story out in a readable way. When I read Kyria Abrahams' I'M PERFECT, YOU'RE DOOMED, I was sure about the style of writing.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

OTWO - just read the preview - very engaging, nice writing style. You get the reader hooked right from the outset - and that's an important skill. I do a lot of professional writing and have a couple of books in progress, too, so I'm pretty critical!

Unfortunately I don't have a Kindle. I think it's possible to convert it with Calibre (I do all my reading on my Samsung Galaxy), so I'll probably purchase a copy and try it out.

Congrats!

• Deceived
    Deceived

I bought it for my Kindle too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit