I am signing off....

by Cagefighter 98 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Granny Grace used to send us to the Naughty Corner if we were rude or something, perhaps her mantle has fallen on you Tal and we will be told how to behave properly by you, I do hope so, I like a strict woman ! (takes out photo of "Miss Whiplash" to gaze at).

• talesin
    talesin

Phizzy, I take your compliment with much humility. To be compared to my dear Granny, is the ultimate.

I don't know what to say. Thank you,

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Cage- Go well in peace my friend, you will be missed.

Tal - What a refreshing change to hear a non believer taking a stand for poor treatment of believers, thank you. Sending you hugs re your very difficult situation. If you don't mind I'll keep you in my prayers.

Loz x

• talesin
    talesin

Loz , thank you. I do believe in prayers .... in my atheist way, I feel that Jung's collective unconcious includes prayer, which is positive energy that goes out to the universe, and does effect change. Once again, Merci!

xo

tal

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I often say on here that I believe in nothing, if belief is trusting that something is true without any proof, but I do believe as you do Tal in the power of "prayer" in that Jungian sense, so you will be always in mine ! Even if no one can prove it works, I just hope it works !

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I am not sure if it's me or you all, but this board seems to be full of more people trying to stay in the org rather than leave it. I have no interest keeping that kind of company.

WOW- that's a pretty harsh and judgmental comment. Sounds like watchtower has taught you well- shunning people only because they are doing things a little different.

Just for the record- I am one of those people staying in.

Believe me its tough to listen to the drivel. I wish I could get out too. But I stay because I have loving elderly parents that would be devasted if I left. So I stay! Its a willing sacrifice I do for them. One day my folks will not be around-then I can take my leave .

You have a lot to learn--

• cofty
    cofty

If this forum isn't for supporting people like wannaexit then what is it for?

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Wannaexit- Your post sums up exactly why I can't stay around this board. Those few paragraphs make me extremely sad. I don't know you personally and you could be a great or an awful person, it doesn't matter. What does is that you only get one life. You are using your parents who raised you to have poor personal boundaries as an excuse to waste it. You can waste money on someone you love because you can always make more or cut corners somewhere else, but you can't do that with time. On your deathbed you will not be able to bargain for one more minute you wasted in field service, at meetings, and at assemblies. Plus, you are damaging your own mind and spirit. It's like saying I only stay with my abusive husband because my parents think he is perfect and will never understand. Makes no sense... Your parents have had their life and made their choices, what about you? Trust me, they will handle finding out their perfect princess is not so perfect better than you think. They made it this long, it's just a guilt trip.

Don't get me wrong. I am in a similar situation. My parents are very devout as well, but I have boundaries that I fought for with tears and pain. It's laughable for you to tell me I have so much to learn when you haven't even set up normal adult child-parent boundaries with yours. Do you know of the years I went through struggling to have a normal relationship with my folks. Do you know how much I treasure, guard, and love the REAL relationship I have with them now? No you don't because you have never tried it.

There's just so many people here in wannaexit's position and they are full of excuses, full of reasons, full of sadness. I don't think I am doing anything here anymore than validating (and now arguing with) their indecision and watching them waste their own life. I could write down 20 reasons for me to GO BACK right now. That doesn't make it right.

Thank you for giving the board an example of the cause of my great sadness. I hate this eff'n cult.... It's just time for me to forget again now that I have processed so much in the last few years. This isn't shunning or judgement, it's just my personal boundary. I appreciate those of you that have let me explain.

Thanks again to all of you, peace.

-CF

• elderelite
    elderelite

"i could think of 20 reasons fo go back. That dosent make it right"

Rotfl!!!!! Poor cage.... Still caught up in dubbie definisions of "right" and "wrong", as if they are absolutes when it comes to a silly apocaliptic religion. But keep talking cage. Keep talking. Let it all out.....

You'll keep back from your self imposed exile (which hasnt even started yet evidently) ;) "you all" always come back....

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I get what you're saying Cage. Sometimes the whole sad mess that the WTBS causes is just too much to keep dealing with. You have a right to protect yourself and your feelings and I'm sure you're not judging anyone, and you're right, life is too short to waste. We're all victims here, and that's so sad.

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit