I am signing off....

by Cagefighter 98 Replies latest jw friends

• tornapart
    tornapart

That's just what I was thinking NC... as a slow fader that's what it feels like to me... damned if you do, damned if you don't.... thank goodness most of you don't feel that way about us faders...

CA you're right, it's a terribly difficult place to be...

• Satanus
    Satanus

Later, gator. Liked some of your comments.

S

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Best of luck Cagefighter. You will be missed.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

You'll be back!!! In the meanwhile, I wish you all the best

• sizemik
    sizemik
    I am not sure if it's me or you all, but this board seems to be full of more people trying to stay in the org rather than leave it. I have no interest keeping that kind of company.

To be fair . . . this does contain a qualifier.

It could simply be that time and distance have reduced your appetite for repeatedly hearing about the inner workings of WT world . . . I can understand that much, it happens.

I enjoyed your contributions and wish you all the best.

• Sulla
    Sulla

Well, I don't ridicule faders. I do judge the fading decision to be not the right one, since it requires one to live falsely. I understand that sometimes the cost is extraordinarily high for some, but I don't think there is a valid ethical case for living within the totalizing JW religion. It is one thing to make some compromises for peace in a family, it is another thing to live as a JW.

So, I think it is the wrong thing to do. I understand why people do it, of course, but there it is. Of course, I do things that I think are wrong, too, so there's that.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

I'm sorry - but is someone taking attendance here on this forum? Do we have to check in every day? Do we get a tardy slip if we are late for a session?

I remain totally confused by members of this great forum who have to announce that they are leaving for one reason or another. Yeah, there might be a legitimate reason once in a while. For example: a long time member might be ill and want to let us all know why they aren't going to be active any longer. We appreciate knowing why we won't be seeing their smiling avatar here anymore.

It's nice when new members post a "Hi there! I'm here at last. This is who I am and where I've been.." post. It's good to know a little about our newest members.

But when someone creates a new thread that says "I'm leaving because...":

1. I think you are all evil apostates

2. You hurt my feelers

3. I didn't agree with something someone said

4. I don't like your attitudes

5. I've decided to go back to the Kingdom Hall

6. I'm tired and need to take a break from all of this noise

7. I'm going on vacation

8. I'm giving up on the evil Internet

9. Someone said something bad about OBVES

10. I've decided to move to another forum where they love Jesus and believe in the King James Version of the Bible (it was "authorized," you know)

If you are tired of this forum, then just go. Come back again if you want - or don't. If you need to take a break - take a break.

Is it really necessary to try to make the rest of us feel bad about hanging around?

Just go - and don't let the screen door slam behind you. Most of us will still be here when you decide to come back.

JV

• talesin
    talesin

I'm not going through fading. I'm OUT OUT OUT.

But your 'tude says you are NOT out mentally/emotionally. Acceptance of other people's choices is not apparent. You are full of rage.

just sayin'

xo

tal

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

That's in the eye of the beholder, Talesin.

Not everyone sees it as you do, so is it fair to make an absolute statement like that as if it meant that stating it as a fact made it so?

Just saying.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

My attitude comes from some empathy. I have empathy for the people that are singlehandedly trying to keep everything and everyone together. I feel for them. I have no emotional interest in the wt. my family is still in, but they know my choice that I made to leave. So I'm not fading. However I feel for the people that are. Deep in my heart. And when I see them ridiculed for trying to make it work with their family and friends, it angers me. I'm not shy about my feelings in that respect...as you've seen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit