I am signing off....

by Cagefighter 98 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

Char,, give yourself at least 10 years out of the cult, and a bit of therapy , and we can talk.

I only ask of Christ, that he ACCEPTS the OP's feelings.. that is all. His post was full of anger.. are you disputing that? Go back and read it...

really...............

tal

• talesin
    talesin

However I feel for the people that are. Deep in my heart. And when I see them ridiculed for trying to make it work with their family and friends, it angers me.

I saw no ridicule in the OP.

You seem to be projecting, that's all I'm saying, Christ.

xo

tal

• cofty
    cofty

Talesin you have it completely back-to-front in my opnion.

Of course cagefighter is entitled to his feelings and he has expressed them honestly but that doesn't mean his feelings might not display a lack of empathy that he would do well to address.

CA has made a good point and explained his reasons very clearly. If he was "full of rage" why is his post so carefully reasoned?

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Tales in, I know what you're saying. And I hope you get where I'm coming from too. Do I respect the op's right to walk away? Of course. Do I respect the right of jws to shun their family and friends that leave the wt? I do. I don't like it, but I respect it. But that respect doesn't mean that I'm ok with them ruining relationships with others that love them. Does wt shunning anger me? Yes!!! As I'm sure it does most people here. As has already been brought out, when an exjw shuns other exjws because of their fading, then where else can that person turn for support? It makes them feel even more alone.

As has also been brought out by Juan, instead of announcing you are leaving because you will not associate in any way with this type of company, why not just leave without trying to bring down the emotions of people that are having a tough time going through this?!?

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I saw no ridicule in the OP.

I was commenting on more than the op. the ridicule of faders is nothing new here. I was speaking against the idea in general along with responding to the op.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Cagefighter I will miss your comments. I hope you visit every now and then.

Personally I don't care whether someone is in or out....It's their life. And they have their reasons.

• talesin
    talesin

cofty, you seem to have little empathy, so I take your comments for what they are worth... I well remember your reaction to my saying that I would give my life, if 3 others could be spared (on an hypothetical thread) ... you had an EXTREME reaction, and accused me of martyrhood (a very CHRISTIAN reaction, imho) ,,, maybe you need to take a long, hard look in the mirror, and get rid of your judgemental attitudes!

I'm disappointed in the reactions to this OP,, we should be feeling more compassion for someone's PAIN , than judging their reactions.

TSK TSK!

ugh

tal

• talesin
    talesin

Cagefighter I will miss your comments. I hope you visit every now and then.

Personally I don't care whether someone is in or out....It's their life. And they have their reasons.

Still Thinking

Right on! exactly!

t

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Should I also feel sorry for the mother jw that rejects her son because he can't agree with the wt anymore? I feel pity for them. But I still think its horrible.

Honestly you're reaction, talesin, reminds me of certain YouTube or yahoo answer posters who, when issues are brought up about how horrible jw shunning is, they say, "leave the poor jws alone!"

• still thinking
    still thinking

I think all the people on this forum are mentally out...the fact that they are physically trapped in is sad. But who can judge why they stay? We are not living their lives. If anything, I feel more compassion for those that have to live a double life and not be true to themselves for whatever reason.

It's anger that should be directed at the cult not at these people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit