I am signing off....

by Cagefighter 98 Replies latest jw friends

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

The fader fears the what-ifs more than they desire personal freedom and being true to their own beliefs.

see, I don't agree with this comment. I don't think that all or even most faders are doing it for fear or a lack of being able to courageously stand up for themselves. Many are fading so as to singlehandedly hold the family together. Some are staying in so as to be able to leak info to the outside.to generalize them and say that it is because of fear over personal freedom is a generalization that just isn't true. This may be true of some, but not true of ANY of the faders I know.

• talesin
    talesin

Cofty, eff you! and the horse you rode in on.

xo

tal

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Is this coming from the same person that was accusing me of "rage" earlier?

• cofty
    cofty

Cofty, eff you! and the horse you rode in on. - Talesin

Talesin, let's talk when you have calmed down. I honestly have not got the slightest clue what I have done to provoke this vitriol but I don't think its because you are offended vicariously by my posts to others.

Tell me when you are ready to talk reasonably about it - by PM if you prefer.

Bill

• perfect1
    perfect1

seriously.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Sorry if I sounded like a jerk. I feel the way I feel, but I do apologize for sounding harsh.

However, there is just less and less stuff I can even read on here. I stopped reading the political posts a long time ago, it bores me and I already know everyone's position before they even start.

I keep hearing over and over again people asking for help dealing with tough situations, spouses, friends, and family in regards to the "truth". They are scared of losing their whole world, which I understand and it's very human. BUT IT'S A FREAKING CULT, CAN'T YOU FIGURE THAT OUT AFTER BEING ON THIS SITE FOR 10 MINUTES? Had JWN been around when I was a kid even at 10 or 12, I would have never been baptized.

It just makes me sad, to see people so trapped and refusing to man up and walk away. I am not sure where this fader vs. DA argument is coming from. I have never critized anyone for doing either. Personally, I am the biggest fader in the world. I got up and LEFT, I didn't have to justify it, make anyone else feel good about it. I just did it and let the cards fall and stopped trying to control the situation. I CAN'T CONTROL A CULT I DO NOT BELIEVE IN, NOR THAT I DO NOT WANT ANY PART OF.

I feel like I am just watching some people on here circle the proverbial toliet bowl and it makes me sad. I just don't think I have anything to gain or add to the discussion anymore. I am grateful to all of you, especially Simon, Lady Lee, Jamie Bowers and everyone else that has contributed. I wish everyone the best.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia
    time and distance have reduced your appetite for repeatedly hearing about the inner workings of WT world

That's how I feel. I can't/won't read many threads because they're about the wtbts. I don't read the political threads. I don't read the threads where people are being nasty to one another. So, what do I read? I like Terry's recent threads because they reveal something about the people on this forum.

I like threads by cofty and his ilk because they are very well-informed, provide lots of background information to support their points and they are interesting. I like to learn something new. I don't like digging around in all that old bullshit from the wtbts or the bible. I don't mind bluntness, I'm inclined that way myself.

Those of you who do have tolerance for discussions of doctrine and the wtbts are very helpful, I'm sure, to folks wanting to get out of the cult.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Thanks for clarifying, cagey. Keep in mind that this is sort of like a screwed up family. It's also a support group. What do you have to add? You can be there for people coming out that wonder if they are freaks for feeling the way they do.

Remember that we are all at different points in our leaving. Some post and it appears that they are out, but they are still wondering of it COULD be the truth and they are making a horrible decision. Most of the time we don't know HALF of what they are going through in their life. So we can be there and say, "yeah, I've been there. This is what I would do."

the best thing about this site is that there is a place and need for everyone. There is a need here for atheists. There is a need here for faders. There is a need for believers. There is a need for current believing jws. There is a need for the political and those that hate politics. We all have a place and can do our part in being there for others.

THAT is what life is all about. Helping and loving others.

• talesin
    talesin

Talesin, let's talk when you have calmed down

Get over yourself, man!

I am calm.... I've felt this way about your disdain for other people's opinion for a LONG time.

I . just . don't . like your mean way of treating people.

You are old enough to know, that the worst thing to say to a woman, is "calm down" in that condescending way. Your elder mentality is REALLY showing. Sorry (NOT) that I am not treating you with kid gloves, but this is how life works in the real world.

Sheesh!

t

• talesin
    talesin

Calm down yourself ... omfg. ugh!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit