I am signing off....

by Cagefighter 98 Replies latest jw friends

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Might be back, might not. I really appreciate the historical information on the JW's this board allowed me to find out about. It really put things into perspective. I appreciate all the interesting people and topics along the way.

I am not sure if it's me or you all, but this board seems to be full of more people trying to stay in the org rather than leave it. I have no interest keeping that kind of company.

• Theocratic Sedition
  • Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

this board seems to be full of more people trying to stay in the org rather than leave it.

What?!? Since Recovery was booted, I haven't seen anyone that is trying to stay with the organization. Yes, there are many faders, but they have specific reasons for needing to fade. Usually to save family or friends. This comment seems to be off the wall...

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Be lucky son.

• cofty
    cofty
    this board seems to be full of more people trying to stay in the org rather than leave it. I have no interest keeping that kind of company.

Seems a bit harsh?

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I think it's a cycle. An ebb and flow.

Come back and visit once in a while.

-Aude.

Edit to add - Actually, it's just always changing. Remember when it first started 12+ years ago, it was designed for active witnesses and apostates were not allowed to speak their filthy, godless thoughts.

Simon said.

• ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena

You know, coming from a toxic organization that so harshly judged us on every little thing and deemed us wrong or unworthy or not good enough, I'm amazed where similar types of judgment are carried forward, post-JW.

Who are we to judge how anyone lives their life? Whether they fade or not? I, for one, believe everyone has a choice and what works for some, may not for others and vice versa. Nothing is black and white; life is full of all different sorts of colors and shadings.

I have no interest in those who would be judge, jury and executioner. I had enough of that when I was in.

I do mean this with all kindness of heart, though: may you find your joy in this life, just as others are trying to find theirs. Be well in your endeavors.

~ RTA

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

But I do notice that those still in the org on this site are a great resource for us to keep up with what may be happening in the org. I like to know about stupid WTS changes, that way I can better reason with jws who come to my door.

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon

Are we being shunned? Cool.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

"I have no interest keeping that kind of company."

Well aren't you the coolest guy ever? I hope you find company that suits you better. Take care buddy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit