I am signing off....

by Cagefighter 98 Replies latest jw friends

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    but this board seems to be full of more people trying to stay in the org rather than leave it

That's one perspective. Another is that the dynamic of the forum is evolving to include a more diverse group of people, in various stages of their journey.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I am not sure if it's me or you all, but this board seems to be full of more people trying to stay in the org rather than leave it. I have no interest keeping that kind of company.

??

• talesin
    talesin

Cage,

Your feelings are always valid. I may disagree with your point, but if that's how you feel, I support your decision.

Remember that you are always welcome back! I have decided to take my leave a couple of times, and found myself 'eating my words' by posting again.

All the best, and I hope you will be here, 'lurking' and reading, when you feel like doing so. If you decide to post, don't give this thread a thought. Lots of us have been there/done that.

xo

tal

• tornapart
    tornapart

Well.. I would rather be shunned by someone I've never met on a cyber board than to lose people I've loved for decades...

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I have to go off for a second. And just so you don't think that I am defending my own position, I'm not. I'm OUT, and I'm not a fader.

Some of this stuff makes me absolutely SICK! When people get on their high horse and judge another person because of their choice to fade, I get extremely angry. You have NO idea what some of those people are going through. You have NO idea the hoops that they are jumping through so they can save their family relationships. You have NO idea of the hell that they are going through in having to continue to be around believing JWs that view them as spritually weak and sick or mentally diseased. Some of these faders are going through ABSOULTE HELL in order to keep their family ties. Some of us that outright left do not know what it must be like to be in the organization in title but believe NONE OF IT! To be unofficially shunned by those in the congregation as if we were the scum of the earth. To be fighting for our family to see the truth about the truth, and to be rejected by them. To hear our mothers cry because they believe Jehovah will destroy us. To get the angry letters and email from family about our "doubts".

I've seen posters HERE ridicule faders. How great is that? We are rejected by our friends, "brothers", and family and we come here for some support and get messages from others that have left about how they have no interest in keeping company with such ones. How sick is that!!!

• talesin
    talesin

whoa, Chist Alone!

Part of being JW, is that we are taught that our feelings are not valid. It's okay for Cage to feel like he does, and important that he feels safe to express those feelings here.

This is an OPEN FORUM. Many viewpoints are presented, and some POVs may be hard to swallow at times, depending on where a person is in their personal journey. Please realize that we are all learning, changing and growing. Cage's post does not invalidate your feelings, or what you are going through.

xo

tal

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I was recently criticized for not DAing earlier. This felt rather personal, since I was celebrating that I finally made the decision. We have no business judgeing the personal decisions of others in this situation---we are here to support them as they make their decisions.

This thread saddens me, cuz I like Cagefighter, and hope he comes back----but without the judgement.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Take care and good luck

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Cage's post does not invalidate your feelings, or what you are going through.

I'm not going through fading. I'm OUT OUT OUT. But when I see those same shunning attitudes pop up here, it really gets under my skin. Not because they are having those feelings themselves. But because they are making other people feel like crap while they are going through their own personal hell. I could not care less that Cage (who I've also liked on this site), does not want to be around anyone that is fading. But the effect it has on others that are fading and having a tough time with it, that's when I get upset. I've seen similar statements made against New Chapter, Cedars, Elder Elite, Yknot, and others that did not leave the organization on the timetable that others thought that they should.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Can you imagine if faders were shunned by both that were 'in' and those that are 'out'? They'd have to form their very own support forum, unless they want to shun each other. Treated like pirriahs from both sides of the fence! That would be tragic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit