SAD news about OOMPA......

by redredrose 630 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Quirky

you stated:

I am positively sure that I am not the only person he has helped

Given the fact that all his comments and pain are available as long as the internet is around, I am sure he will help countless future individuals who have not even started their journey away fro the watchtower cult.

• journey-on
    journey-on

I haven't been here on JWN in several months. I had an urge to log on tonight and saw this horrible news. I'm typing this through tears. The first private message I ever received on this board was from him and it was funny and sweet. He was one of a kind and the world is a colder place without him. This horrible religion is a wolf in sheep's clothing and they will pay sorely one day.

• cognac
    cognac

I haven't been on in awhile myself. When I read this my heart just sank and haven't been able to stop crying. His new obituary is up so guests can sign it. I hope everyone saw it. If not, just google his full name- Eric Hampton Reeder.

Oompa, we all love you and you will be missed dearly.

• rebel8
    rebel8

This is sad. From what he said he suffered from alcoholism and mental health issues. Added to the cult and familial stuff, that is quite a few obstacles for a person to overcome. I am sorry to hear he was unsuccessful in his pursuit of recovery.

• cognac
    cognac

I mean, really. It doesn't take a genius to figure out how much anguish and turmoil he has been in the last few years and that he needed a lot of support and help.

so, what do the elders do? They take away a HUGE part of his support system. They disgust me. How could they possibly think that was the best thing to do? I hope they realize what they did. I'd hate to have that on my conscious.

5 years ago, oompa got caught here under a different name. There were people who had to of known about the meds he was on, his suicide attempt back then, his depression, etc. Then, they somehow think the right thing to do is disfellowship him cause apparently, that is the loving thing to do.

how can they not feel blood guilty?

• Jaime l de Aragon
    Jaime l de Aragon

The best tribute to Oompa, is denouncing Wacthower up to bite the dust, according to some sources nearly 300,000 deaths caused by direct and indirect demonic doctrines from suicides and homicides

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

I agree Jaime. I would back any action to denounce the WTS regarding the suicides it has caused.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

cognac, do you know what username did Eric have before using Oompa? Thanks!

• nateb
    nateb

He was a beautiful man. So tragic.

nvrgnbk

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

BTT

I notice there are over 30,000 views. We will always miss you Oompa.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit