SAD news about OOMPA......

by redredrose 630 Replies latest jw friends

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

its very sad, he went through a lot of turmoil. I remember how funny he was on the forum. He will be missed.

• elderelite
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This situation with Oompa and other shows how morally repugnant the WTS. turns people into.

The other repugnant thing toward people who left the JW organization is that there are ones inside that will say, see what happens

when you leave the organization, Satan takes over people's lives and they eventually kill themselves .

I've heard this a couple of times from die hard JWS.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Good song elderelite Lets think and remember Eric !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_D KWlrA24k

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

This is so sad!!!!! I wish I reached out to him more. I give my love and thoughts to all of you that knew him

FS

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

This is so sad!!!!! I wish I reached out to him more. I give my love and thoughts to all of you that knew him

FS

• DNCall
    DNCall

I can't find the words to express my sadness and anger.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Gosh, so very sorry to hear about Oompa...very sad. So many struggles, so much pain, so much suffering - my heart goes out to his son.

Oompa said something on one of his posts last month - wondering if anyone else was struggling with the cultification of 'never growing old and never going to die' Watchtower crap and it reminded me that above anything else, this is the one thing that took Sam many years to come to grips with and it was extremely difficult to overcome.

Hope you have peace now Oompa... sammieswife

• redredrose
    redredrose

Finklestein, thank you for posting that wonderful song. Its perfect for remembering Eric.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I chatted on Facebook with Oompa in the spring of '09, and we wound up on the phone for several hours until almost dawn. He told me all about his businesses, family, beach house and boat. He also told me that I saved his life, because he just felt like dying that night. He was so intoxicated that he didn't remember our conversation afterwards but thanked me anyway a few days later.

How I wish he would've picked up the phone the other night. There were so many people who would've loved to talk to him, including me. My heart is broken for Eric, who only wanted to be loved and accepted in his own right by his family. And in a larger sense, my heart is broken for all of those who have or will inevitably fall into his same footsteps.

Rest in peace, dear Oompa. You were so loved and will be deeply mourned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit