SAD news about OOMPA......

by redredrose 630 Replies latest jw friends

• *lost*
    *lost*

I think it is important to remeber 'good people' and 'good deeds'. And honour them.

WT strips us of that, Funerals and deaths anyone.

the amount of witnesses that are in turmoil as they are parents of a child/man/woman of someone who has been in that agonising place,

a place where of pain, hurt, bewilderness and suffering, and could take no more of the 'torture', they needed peace, they needed to be at 'rest'.

they had to give the ultimate scacrifice. the parents now, are agonising as to where the souls are now, have they committed the 'ulitmate sin' by suicide ?

No, they have not, they were failed.

Didn't know oopa, but, from what people say, he must of been a great guy, and very special.

His memory should be preserved, to help all the one's left behind.

He should be honoured in memory.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I believe Oompa made a big impression on many of us. I miss him too.

• cognac
    cognac

I still think of him too... Remember the "Bat Phone"? I miss him...

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

I just learned this news today, from a guy I just hired a few weeks ago and discovered yesterday that we were both on JWN years ago. I haven't posted in a while, but needed to come back just to say how sad I was to learn of Eric's passing...OOMPA, you will be and are missed, and I am sorry you had so much pain.

• Melagomania
    Melagomania

We are all born naked, but the only thing we have while on earth is family. The WTBTS takes that away from all of us who have been victimized by this horrible cult. Oompa's death is a very sad reminder of how depression due to being shunned can lead to suicide. RIP Oompa. My condolences to the only true friends he had here on jehovahs-witnesses.net. We should keep fighting to get our families back from the grip of the Governing Body of Jehovahs Witnesses (Satan's channel on Earth). The way we can do that is through great tact. Give hints rather than direct facts, else the JW you are talking to might become defensive.

• satinka
    satinka

Ooooh...first time seeing this thread. I'm so sorry to hear he left the planet via suicide.

Oompa, your pain is over now. RIP.

satinka

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

WOW, what a lost he had such a great personality on here! He knew just how to cheer me up!

Thank you for letting us know.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

It's been exactly a year since we lost Oompa :(

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Truly a sad and unfortunate case of someone having a drinking problem which probably instigated his serious motorcycle accident, which eventually required

a blood transfusion, which led to his DFing and separation from his wife.

His life was in shambles and his only recourse was to end his own life.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Peace to those who loved him, and may this memory haunt those who were cruel to him and cause them to THINK critically about what contributed to this.

Also a reminder that each and every person is a valuable one. Let us all reach out anytime we can, to make even one person feel needed and valued by others. Oompah didn't see any other escape. I pray others will see there is an escape within life, even if they don't know what that might be yet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit