SAD news about OOMPA......

by redredrose 630 Replies latest jw friends

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

so sad

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Oompa's postings will be sorely missed. Very sad occasion to lose such a wonderful person.

• chicken little
    chicken little

DEAR OOMPA, I WILL MISS YOU.

TEARS AND SORROW.

CHICKEN LITTLE.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Sorry to hear...

• BreathoftheIndianNose
    BreathoftheIndianNose

Unesisary death. The watchtower's hands continue to be filled with blood while they continually claim innocence and wipe the blood on the hands of the victims.

So sad. I didn't know him, but it still brings tears to my eyes. For those of you here who knew and loved him, my thoughts are with you.

RIP Eric

• ammo
    ammo

So very very sad....

xxxx to you Oompa

R.I.P Eric Reeder

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Hi WC. Yes the elders can and will DF anyone for any reason. I once knew a person DF'd for things he had done prior to his baptism, but because he had an "attitude" about his previous sin, he was df'd. Something that had happened 20 years ago as a non-JW.

I'm sure Eric was upset when the elders called and he was in the hospital. MY 1st reaction would be to tell them to kiss my ass. Throw in a little morphine in the mix and Eric probably said a few theings he wouldn't normally say.

So for the crime of getting injured and treated while unconcious, u get a big fat ticket out of the organization.

Eric was almost a poster child for dubs who can't assimilate into the outside world. We talked many times about it, and I just repeated that I wasn't born in. He couldn't make the friends he wanted without a JW past.

Rest up Eric. I have no idea what's next but it most certainly isn't anymore pain. I thought about you all weekend and I just played my heart out whenever I got sad. I haven't gone back and listenned to the tracks but I'm sure he's in there somwhere.

- Adam

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Our world is filled such beauty and joy. Our world is filled with such ugliness and sorrow. I remember hearing this as a child and thinking, "Wow, that is one sad guy." But now I understand exactly what he meant. Listening to this makes me think of the sadness Eric must have been wrestling with when he finally gave in and decided death held the only relief. I know from having had those feelings that it isn't death you really want, it's relief from the horrible emotional pain and fear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79NiN7ISW7E

Reflections of My Life

Verse 1
    The changing of sunlight to moonlight
    Reflections of my life
    Oh how they fill my eyes
    Verse 2 (Repeat)
    The greetings of people in trouble
    Reflections of my life
    Oh how they fill my eyes

Chorus
    Oh my sorrows
    Sad tomorrows
    Take me back to my own home
    Chorus (Repeat)
    Oh my crying (Oh my crying)
    Feel I'm dying, dying
    Take me back
    To my own home

Verse 3 (Repeat Verse 1)
    I'm changing, arranging,
    I'm changing,
    I'm changing everything
    Everything around me

Verse 4 (Repeat Verse 1)
    The world is
    A bad place
    A bad place
    A terrible place to live
    Oh but I don't wanna die ...

Chorus (2 x)

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Viewed 25469 times

I can gues that Eric did not know how much he was loved.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

I know from having had those feelings that it isn't death you really want, it's relief from the horrible emotional pain and fear

Exactly. Thank you for the song, FlyingHigh - and well said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit