Jesus wife fragment is a fake

by Christ Alone 494 Replies latest social current

• tec
    tec

Sol, love, i will go through that 'silliness' with you tomorrow. I am off to bed.

Peace,

tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking

Have you heard from Jesus yet EP? maybe he has heard you are trying to show people your wang. It could be wang envy.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Nope. Nothing yet. Jesus remains silent.

• undercover
    undercover

Soon I discovered that this rock thing was true
    Jerry Lee Lewis was the devil
    Jesus was an architect previous to his career as a prophet
    All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world
    So there was only one thing that I could do
    Was ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long

• still thinking
    still thinking

EP, Have you tried tilting your head to the side? You might be spiritually deaf on one side and it may be impeding you.

• ballistic
    ballistic

What I find amazing is... it wasn't that long ago. I think this is part of getting older to think that way...

when you reach 40 to 50 and think, I'm half way through my life,

you put into perspective how things were when you are born.

It's now easy to think of life as 100 years long. Well, what was life like 100 years ago? Very different to today.

There is only 2000 years back to Christ, and people argue about what was history and what isn't.

It's not a whole load of time ago is it?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I think the evidence shows that the fragments found were NOT from the wife of Jesus but rather from his Mother-In-Law.

Rub a Dub

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Soon I discovered that this rock thing was true
    Jerry Lee Lewis was the devil
    Jesus was an architect previous to his career as a prophet

Is it awesome or way more awesomer that I instantly recognized Jesus Built My Hotrod? Which, BTW, is one of the three alarm clock tones on my phone, along with Bitter Peace and Iron Fist.

• tec
    tec

his cursing of the Pharisees (Matthew 23)

Speaking truth of someone is not a curse. If that truth is ugly it just might feel like it. He also says at the end... you will not see me again UNTIL... (the until makes it possible that they will see him again if they do as he said; so no cursing)

his threat of violent retribution on cities that rejected his message

It is not retribution. It is answering for what one has done. Unless one belongs to Christ or is written in his book of life (those who might not have known Christ BUT whom He will have known because of things they did/their hearts), then there is no covering for the things one has done. (Unless God chooses to show mercy, and that is up to Him.)

I mean, unless you think that laws and consequences are retribution, rather than 'consequences'; answering for things done.

his condemnation to death of Jews who would not accept him (Luke19:27

A parable, and you will have to compare it to the rest of his teachings, to understand it better. It was not a condemnation, but rather a warning.

The fact of the matter is that he himself never turned the other cheek.Jesus never forgave anyone who rejected his claims. He responded to his opponents, not with passive resistance, but by answering criticism with criticism, reviling and threatening his

adversaries

On his very death at their hands:

"Forgive them, Father, for they know not what they do."

Instead of forgiving Judas for betraying him he said: "But woe to that man through whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that man if he had not been born"

We don't know if he forgave Judas or not. It is between the two of them. (On a side note, some people would rather not be born than have to face things that they have done)

We do know that he forgave Peter and the others for abandoning or denying him.

In John 18:22-23, we find that Jesus, when beaten by an officer, instead of offering quietly his other cheek argues with him: But having said these things, one of the officers standing by gave Jesus a slap, saying: "Is that the way you answer the high priest?" Jesus

answered him: "If I have spoken wrongly, bear witness concerning the wrong; but if rightly, why do you hit me?"

Really? Turning the other cheek does not mean you cannot speak, or question the one striking you. The author of this article himself adds the word 'quietly' to the command.

As for the rest, Paul is not Christ.

Peace,

tammy

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Tammy...

you said: "We don't know if he forgave Judas or not. It is between the two of them."...

Jesus tells us that we should forgive others 70 x 7 in a day...and He also says that if one repents then He is quick to forgive.

judas throwing the blood money back into the temple would be a sign of repentance, wouldn't it?...also being that he was buried in a place that they named for him..."field of blood/potters field"...(matthew 27:7-10) leaves one the impression that God can go into the field any time He wants and re-fashion the vessel for honour. jeremiah 18:4, romans 9:21..."Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the SAME lump, to make one vessel for honour and another for dishonour?"

so, far from it being only between Jesus and judas...isn't the whole episode is an OPEN encouragement to repent because God is merciful to those who repent?

love michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit