Jesus wife fragment is a fake

by Christ Alone 494 Replies latest social current

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

As a concept of "the ethic of reciprocity," it has its roots in a wide range of world cultures, and is a standard way that different cultures use to resolve conflicts. [1] [5] It has a long history, and a great number of prominent religious figures and philosophers have restated its reciprocal, "two-way" nature in various ways (not limited to the above forms). [1]

This is the first time I looked for an outside source to confirm my conclusion that the Golden Rule was a from of reciprocity, but I found it. The above exerpt was in the context of discussing that rule. My paste doesn't work well in firefox, so once I paste, that's it.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

http://www.ask.com/wiki/Golden_Rule

The above is a link to a more in depth discussion, and from where I drew the excerpt. It's almost comical to watch people trying to give credit for a concept that evolved in us all. Christians are certainly not special in this area, and in fact, are very late to the game.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Plus, after two years of many other ways to get me to shut up or denounce Christ and God

LOL...who's reading into what others motives are now...ROFL

• tec
    tec

Funny how people have such a hard time with that golden rule though, isn't it?

And he does ask those things of us; certainly of those who would follow Him. Hell, you don't even have to believe in him to know the things he taught of how we are to treat one another. My atheist husband has no problem knowing what he taught, or even in admiring/respecting the man, even though he doesn't believe him to be anything more than a man.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

Christians like to credit Jesus with it, and written down, it is older, but as a practice it is as old as we are.

I know it is older. But then again, so is He older than two thousand years.

Regardless, it stems from love... sort of like a universal language, though some prefer to speak something else.

This is all VERY dangerous. So from me, there is no tactic. I have family and friends that have suffered with schizophrenia...It's personal.

And yet, when you were still 'thinking', when you were unsure of faith (an agnostic), you did not have a problem with it then. It was not 'dangerous' then. You had no problem at all... then. (And of course i was referring to you.)

Peace,

tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Jesus had a hard time with it to.

And it's not very accurate to say Jesus is asking those thing. That has been asked of people for thousands of years BEFORE Jesus. What makes him special in asking it?

• still thinking
    still thinking

He's not talking to me, therefore he's not asking me anything. How can I do what someone asks who isn't asking, or trust someone who isn't talking?

EP...I think this is the answer....he's not interested in you. Or me....we don't need to try to hear him. We don't have to have faith OR trust him...EXCELLENT!

Glad thats sorted...

Now, what happened to that other lovely lady that wanted to go out with you a little while ago? Did you meet up? I'm curious...yeah thats another word for nosy...LOL

• still thinking
    still thinking

ooops...double post

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

In fact, there are cultures where a person's prestige is not measured by what they accumulate, but what they give away---doing unto others. They simply don't enrich themselves. They give it out. In doing so, they become more respected. They are not Christian at all. This practice is very old in their cultures. They put more value on giving than receiving and it is expected. I watched a documentary about one Big Man's quest to collect as much as possible to give it all away. It would elevate him in his people's eyes, even though they weren't the ones receiving. Do unto other as you would have them do unto you. So yes, there is an understanding that if they are very generous, others will be generous also. They didn't need Christ to conclude this, and I think have done much better emotionally for their lack of Christ. They tend to be happy, generous people.

Jesus revealed no secret. He didn't drop any bombshells. He merely stated what everyone already knew.

• tec
    tec

And to bring this back (not quite full circle)... if everyone knew/knows it... then why are there starving children anywhere?

My answer: because too many people don't listen... not to love; not to God; not to Christ.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit