Jesus wife fragment is a fake

by Christ Alone 494 Replies latest social current

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

On his very death at their hands:

"Forgive them, Father, for they know not what they do."

Well this brings up an interesting question. Does jesus accept deathbed conversion?

Or....

Was this simply the lying scribes again?

Day 8 now, no Jesus in sight....

• tec
    tec

Michelle, but I have to agree with you. If Judas repented (and we can see that he at least felt guilt and remorse), Christ would have shown mercy and forgiveness. Perhaps even without it. (open repentance)

EP... that would not be a deathbed conversion; Christ lived the mercy he showed upon the cross as well.

Peace,

tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking

Day 8 now, no Jesus in sight....

I think your lucky number might be day 13...

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

that would not be a deathbed conversion; Christ lived the mercy he showed upon the cross as well.

How so? Doing mercy is just being nice to people, it's being nice to people that don't deserve it. All of his records indicate that he didn't show any mercy until his death-cross conversion. The example of mercy you showed was on his deathbed. I think my question is totally valid.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Any word today, EP?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

No word yet, NC. I am sticking to my daily requests, though. i am going on a multi-day hiking/wandering through the woods week long trip next week, though, so I may forget to do it.

• tec
    tec

How so? Doing mercy is just being nice to people, it's being nice to people that don't deserve it. All of his records indicate that he didn't show any mercy until his death-cross conversion. The example of mercy you showed was on his deathbed. I think my question is totally valid.

Okay, what did he have to show mercy about before that you think was so out of character at his death?

Did he kill or beat anyone before? Refuse to forgive someone who asked for his forgiveness? When those he was not sent to find (those other than the lost sheep of israel) exercised faith and asked for help, did he refuse... or show mercy and help them?

The adulterous woman about to be stoned... He could have picked up the first stone... but he forgave instead. That being said, he also forgave people their sins. Released them.

Even him coming here at all was mercy; done out of love for His Father and for us... he did not have to do anything at all if he so chose. For that matter, he knew he was going to be put to death. So his 'forgiveness' was not a deathbed conversion; because he knew that his life was forfeit from the beginning.

Peace,

tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

And yet he won't show mercy to those begging for it, but he will to those that killed him. Something isn't adding up, here.

• tec
    tec

Who says he won't show mercy to those begging for it?

Peace,

tammy

• mP
    mP

TEC:

Why doesnt Jesus help the starving people in Africa ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit