Jesus wife fragment is a fake

by Christ Alone 494 Replies latest social current

• tec
    tec

That's true, Tammy. I didn't want to hear voices. It's a symptom of many things, serious mental illness being only one of those things. It CAN be harmless, but often is pathological. It is a shame that your Christ chooses such a problematic way to communicate. For one thing, it completely excludes mentally ill people that are managing their illness and taking medication. For them, hearing voices (or voice) is a return of symptoms, and they must address it immediately to keep things in control. What a cruel god to treat those with mental illness with such callousness. These poor people are doing the best they can to control the voices, then your god comes along and says they MUST hear a voice, and MUST be able to distinguish it from the other voices, and MUST embrace it, and all will be well.

He doesn't say they MUST do anything.

And people can hear him in many different ways. Love being one of those ways.

I still don't want to hear voices. Perhaps he could have written a book. That's healthy, safe, and accessible. But he did not do that, according to you, and left it up to lying scribes. Odds are really stacked against those that don't want to manifest symptoms of mental illness to be spiritual. Such a shame.

He did not leave anything up to lying scribes. You can come to love and follow Christ through the written testimonies about Him and his teachings (the gospels). That the book is handled by men, simply means it is not perfect. So measure and test what you read against love, mercy, forgiveness... those things are truth. 'Lying scribes' don't tend to write truth.

Well I didn't know I was supposed to approach with expectations.

But you approached with things that were not acceptable means of revelation to you, yes? So you put limitations on Him. But you are left, as I said, with a couple other means... they are just not 'perfect' means.

I have said that I thought a book would probably be a pretty good way, but according to you that is not a good way.

It is not a perfect way. Especially when you look to other things OVER what is written about Christ... the truth, image and word. You could see Him and God a lot better if you just looked at Christ. But you think that is bs.

If I had approached with an expectation, you would have claimed I was looking for a sign.

But you did approach with limitations?

In any case, expectations can get in the way (they certainly did for me), but that doesn't disqualify you. I would never say something like that. Just offer help if I can.

Peace,

tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I suppose we could repent afterwards.

Let's be kinky and repent during. I am quite the cunning linguist, if you get my meaning.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

And people can hear him in many different ways. Love being one of those ways.

That the book is handled by men, simply means it is not perfect. So measure and test what you read against love, mercy, forgiveness... those things are truth. 'Lying scribes' don't tend to write truth.

Holy crap. Nailing jello to a wall. The book is wrong, but use it. You don't need to hear Christ, but you will hear him somehow that's not hearing, but it will be hearing. Don't tell put limitations on Jesus on how he can talk to you, despite the fact the book (which isn't perfect and you should use) tells you exactly how he will contact you (unless it disagrees with parts of itself that tell you that, then don't use it unless it's the part that he likes, which you'll only know after you figure how to use the parts he likes to talk to him).

So, anywho, I have been reaching out to him, no limitations, wide open field, asking over and over.

No answer yet. I'll keep you updated.

• tec
    tec

Except there are many examples of that not being how it worked with no reason why it's not working for many sincere people today.

Oh, there's a reason. You and I might not know it... which is why I said ask Him... but there is always a reason.

You never answered yours and TOTALLY reframed my question. Yours wasn't hard to answer but you chose not to and try to divert attention. However, because I hold myself to a higher standard than reframing questions and then pretending with **shrugs** that it doesn't matter, I WILL answer you.

I did answer you. If I missed something, you're going to have to repeat it for me.

Yes, if Jesus were to talk back to me and show me what I am asking for, I would give all that Paul did.

Then you should tell him that. I will pray also that you might be given ears to hear, if you want them, and faith if you need it (and want it).

Now it's in yours and his court to answer. You, the questions I asked you and him the ones I asked him. Go.

Like i said, I don't know what I didn't answer. Please repeat.

All it took was one, and I had that one with Moses. John got an un-asked-for revalation. God spoke prophecy to both Adam and Eve without them asking for it, Jonah got sat down and preached too after Ninevah was saved without his asking. Looks like Jesus operates more like I imagine than you know.

Receiving a revelation when you already belong to Christ... and having Christ show up for you before your eyes when you did not believe in him and persectuted those who belong to him... are two very different things. A servant wants to do your bidding (including receive anything you have to share) Adam and Eve were created by God and were with God in the garden. They knew Him from 'birth'. Jonah was also a servant of God. His existence was not thrust upon him.

Wait, so I was 100% in what I said, but you contradicted it until I posted your own words, and now you agree with me in a rephrased way that makes it seem like you were agreeing the whole time?

Yeah, no... I mentioned fear to you in my very first response to this question. So I did not change anything. Not the first, second, or now third time with this question.

Except for all the parts where he talks about people dying. And here I thought you actually knew what he said.

Come on now. You wouldn't let anyone else get away with saying that killing people is the same as people dying.

Based on tonight only, to be honest, it doesn't seems like you know much of anything Jesus talked about (or what you write, yourself, for that matter) other than what you want it to mean at the moment.

You hear and see what you want to hear and see. On the other hand, I could be bad at explaining. You could give me the benefit of the doubt in that though, instead of leaping to accusations that i am dishonest. But perhaps dishonest is what you want to see in me.

Peace,

tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Holy crap. Nailing jello to a wall.

LOL Exactly. How can it be so very clear to us, but totally missed by others? That confirmation bias is a very strong thing. I gotta hand it to the human brain. It really can divide itself into millions of pieces and contort them until the outside agrees with the inside. Then I have to hand it to the people with the endless energy to maintain the performance. WOW

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Oh, there's a reason. You and I might not know it... which is why I said ask Him... but there is always a reason.

Yeah, there is. Probably the same reason miracles ceased to exists when science was invented, the same reason ghosts never appear on camera and the same reason psychics can never perform under controlled conditions. Jesus works with the exact same success rate as psychics, aliens and witches, 0%.

I did answer you. If I missed something, you're going to have to repeat it for me.

The question was .... why do we, who are asking with all sincerity, have to ask over and over when there are so many examples of God and Jesus intruding into peoples lives without their asking. You answer was about Paul's hardships AFTER Jesus spoke to him. Not what I was asking.

Then you should tell him that. I will pray also that you might be given ears to hear, if you want them, and faith if you need it (and want it).

I did. And thank you. Let's see how Jesus does on this one.

Receiving a revelation when you already belong to Christ... and having Christ show up for you before your eyes when you did not believe in him and persectuted those who belong to him... are two very different things.

Moses did not believe in Christ, yet he had the burning bush talk to him. I fail to see how Moses and Paul should get more special treatment than those begging Christ for help, to see, to hear him, than those that either didn't care or were actively wanting to hurt his people.

Yeah, no... I mentioned fear to you in my very first response to this question. So I did not change anything. Not the first, second, or now third time with this question.

So you WANTED the thing you feared and didn't understand? You SPECIFICALLY said you feared having his spirit and didn't understand it and LATER said you that were NOT saying you didn't want it. That can ONLY mean you wanted the thing you were afraid of and didn't understand. Is that what you are saying?

Come on now. You wouldn't let anyone else get away with saying that killing people is the same as people dying.

Of course not. Except that Revalation (which you just said John received because he belonged to Christ) clearly says Christ, angels and God are going to be responsible for all this killing. So yeah, Jesus is apparently going to be killing a shitload of people. Unless John wasn't with Christ.

You could give me the benefit of the doubt in that though, instead of leaping to accusations that i am dishonest. But perhaps dishonest is what you want to see in me.

Perhaps you could refrain from leaping to the assumption that the reason people don't hear back from Jesus is because something is wrong with them.

And Tammy, after all the times we have talked, do you not realize I always give you the benefit of the doubt? Sometimes, though, the doublespeak, the pretzel twisting of logic, the inconsistency that's required to maked Jesus and God and belief internally consistent is so deep, you can drown in it just trying to cross the street.

I am not blaming you. I really am not. I mean, we trade emails and play werewolf together (which reminds me, I am going to ask you to mod my infection game when I can get a solid week together without traveling to play) and I will ALWAYS defend your right to believe. It's the positions you take up that force you down these roads that I call into question. Not you.

But you know what? I am going to open my heart and pray again tomorrow. We'll see what happens.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

So NC...how YOU doing?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Doing okay. Busy repenting.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Hmmm....this whole seducing you thing I am trying to get off the ground doesn't seem to be working for me.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Well, I do find the pixels you place on the screen to be quite sexy. And that avatar is hot too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit