Jesus wife fragment is a fake

by Christ Alone 494 Replies latest social current

• tec
    tec

WE are to help the starving people in Africa... We (humans) are the ones responsible in the first place. However, WE cannot even take care of the starving, homeless people in our own backyards. Some yes, but most people could be doing so much more to help, and if we are not willing to do what we can do to help, we have no leg to stand on in blaming Christ or God... when we a) do not listen to that One, who has told us how to live, how to treat one another, etc... and if his edicts were followed, we would not have the problem that we have; and b) have allowed such things to come to pass due to our (humanity's) greed, decisions, or apathy.

I am on the road for the day, so I am out...

Peace,

tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Well, Tec, you are pretty vicious about blaming us weak humans, but are extremely generous in letting your all powerful god off the hook. It's kind of like the 47% argument---victims---lazy----not taking responsibility. The guys at the top carry no responsiblity at all. Intriguing.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

WE are to help the starving people in Africa... We (humans) are the ones responsible in the first place. However, WE cannot even take care of the starving, homeless people in our own backyards.

Does not compute. Jesus fed the hungry, healed the sick, raised the dead with miracles and empowered his apostles to do the same. Why are we totally on our own with this?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

BTW, still no word from above, openly prayed both last night and this morning. Jesus is a no-show, so far.

• myelaine
    myelaine

Dear Tammy...

You said: "o kay, what did he have to show mercy about before that you think was so out of character at his death?

Did he kill or beat anyone before? Refuse to forgive someone who asked for his forgiveness? When those he was not sent to find (those other than the lost sheep of israel) exercised faith and asked for help, did he refuse... or show mercy and help them.

The adulterous woman about to be stoned... He could have picked up the first stone... but he forgave instead. That being said, he also forgave people their sins. Released them.

Even him coming here at all was mercy; done out of love for His Father and for us... he did not have to do anything at all if he so chose. For that matter, he knew he was going to be put to death. So his 'forgiveness' was not a deathbed conversion; because he knew that his life was forfeit from the beginning."...

...what is His name?

Love michelle

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I guess a great question would be: what's the point of prayer---since we are at the mercy of other humans, and this god is not going to help cuz it's not his job, then perhaps we should pray to humans instead, since they are the only ones that are really going to step in and help.

I think an all powerful god that allows a child to starve to death in order to teach a failed lesson in mercy to the rich, fat people a few miles away, is not a god worthy of worship. Yet this particular god allows it to happens to millions of children, for the entire history of humankind, and people fall at its feet. It would be funny if it wasn't so completely horrific. God is good. God is Great. Thank you for this food. Thank you for this Ipad. Thank you that I'm not one of those people you let die to teach me a lesson. Can you help me with this test? I have a plantars wart, God, can you help me out? I am so blessed---not like those dark little children a world away.

Yeah---let the defense continue.

• mP
    mP

TEC:

WE are to help the starving people in Africa... We (humans) are the ones responsible in the first place. However, WE cannot even take care of the starving, homeless people in our own backyards. Some yes, but most people could be doing so much more to help, and if we are not willing to do what we can do to help, we have no leg to stand on in blaming Christ or God... when we a) do not listen to that One, who has told us how to live, how to treat one another, etc... and if his edicts were followed, we would not have the problem that we have; and b) have allowed such things to come to pass due to our (humanity's) greed, decisions, or apathy.

mP:

Its not fair to change the target of the conversation. We are discussing why GOD doesnt listen to the starving kids in Africa. Sure others in more fortunate countries can help, i totally agree. We cant blame man for being greedy and then claim God listens and helps everyone when that is clearly a false statement. Sure humans are greedy and selfish and thats the real cause of many of the worlds problems. But our actions are also the cause of the good things in the world. We are lucky that our ancestors built up our countries to be rich and prosperous. God had absolutely nothing to do with that. In fact God has never helped anyone. Looka tthe world the most religious places also happen to be the worst. I dont believe in Islam, but one must respect the fact they really follow what they believe. Unfrotunately they dont know whats in the koran , but that doesnt change the fact they are strict in the stupidities they believe. Does god help them no, religion is a curse and creates their pathetic social environment. Who needs a god like that, i dont, novody does.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Quick update, still nothing from the Jesus.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Ep said:

Quick update, still nothing from the Jesus.

Ah, come on EP, you're probably not trying hard enough, or holding it wrong, etc.

You can do it (put your BACK into it)!

• cofty
    cofty

WE are to help the starving people in Africa... We (humans) are the ones responsible in the first place - Tammy (Stereotypical christian apologist)

What about the hundreds of thousands of years during which millions of people died of starvation and disease when no other human society on earth even knew about the plight of others and could do nothing about it if they did?

During all those 300 000 years your god did nothing. Suddenly along comes technology and modern communications and christians use that to get god off the hook and blame us. Pathetic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit