Jesus wife fragment is a fake

by Christ Alone 494 Replies latest social current

• tec
    tec
    Of course. You, of course, give credence to other gods and belief in aliens, I presume?

Other gods, no. Different understandings of God (due to different images), yes. (such as three different understandings of the God of Abraham)

(as well images can grow and expand and spread around until the truth becomes lost among the falsehoods... hence God sent his living image: Christ. Love however, should be understood universally - no matter what religion, god, lack of religion, etc)

I do give credence to the possibility of aliens.

And this is why asking Christians for things is like nailing jello to a wall. They tell you how things work until you point out an example of when it doesn't, and then suddenly you have to start realizing the person asking the question is the problem and then accept things as
    answers that aren't hearing Jesus even though you are supposed to hear him.

Yeah, lol?

Well its kind of a damned if you give people possible reasons why (especially if you put the limitations on THEM); and a damned if you tell people to search inward for themselves.

Not really germaine to my question. The formula to go to Christ is extremely inconsistent.

*shrugs*

Maybe because we are inconsistent.

Christ came not to bring peace, but a sword. I don't like his violent fantasiies any more than you. I just don't don't pretend that's not what he meant when it's what he said.

. Yes... as in truth. Truth does seperate those who follow truth from those who follow lies. No peace between them. You know its symbolic. It is not hard to see this; quite the opposite. Because: . He. Did. Not. Bring. A. Sword. . Not a literal sword. Ever. He never raised one against another person; He stopped and rebuked Peter for using one against another person; never taught anyone to strike another person down. Just the opposite. .

I barely have time to play. I don't think it would be fair to the players to have a mod that has a crazy schedule like mine.

. Well, when you get it worked out, I would love to mod it. I think I have more fun modding than I do playing (and I do love to play); I just don't always have the time to invest. I have been thinking up a quick game also, and i try to do my LOTR game around the New Year. . Peace EP, tammy

• Diest
    Diest

I am straight and I liked your wang pics...

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Although, Jesus DID tell his disciples to sell their cloaks and BUY swords.

But not to actually USE them to injure or kill anyone: of course not! Swords just look really cool, and are handy to have as backscratchers, fly swatters, or to deal with muggers (which shouldn't be a problem, being that they had taken a vow of poverty to become penniless fishers of men).

The real reason is clear: Jesus needed someone (Peter) to lop off a soldier's ear at some point, so he could reattach it and reinforce his healing, loving nature! I know a plot device when I see one....

• tec
    tec

But not to actually USE them to injure or kill anyone: of course not

So it would seem; considering His teachings and His deeds.

Peace,

tammy

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

I put that disclaimer in, just for you Tammy. You're welcome... ;)

• tec
    tec

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Other gods, no.

Once you understand why you don't give credence to their gods (just as valid as yours, and often far older), then you will understand I give none to theirs AND yours. As it has been said, we are both atheists, I just believe in one less god than you.

Well its kind of a damned if you give people possible reasons why (especially if you put the limitations on THEM); and a damned if you tell people to search inward for themselves.

The problem isn't one or the other, it's that you are so adamant about BOTH and seamlessly switch between the two when one isn't working. Alwsys accusing the person somehow when the method you say works doesn't.

*shrugs*

Maybe because we are inconsistent.

And your inconsistent god is an exact reflection of those who created him in their image.

You know its symbolic. It is not hard to see this; quite the opposite. Because:

He. Did. Not. Bring. A. Sword.

Not a literal sword.

*I* don't know that. We have a very incomplete account of his life. And the bible talks about angels (who presumably worked for Jesus) bringing swords and a sword coming out of his mouth. So yeah, swords and killing are part of his motif.

Well, when you get it worked out, I would love to mod it.

Will do. You are awesome at modding games. I still insist on the write up for Shamus to kill Carl :)

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I am straight and I liked your wang pics...

My wang is very popular, even among heterosexual men.

This is my wang. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without my wang, I am useless. Without me, my wang is useless.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Uh oh: Jesus didn't practice what he preached:

http://jdstone.org/cr/files/turntheothercheek.html

“Turn the other cheek" was not practiced by Jesus himself

Question: Could Jesus (god incarnate) have hated anyone when he spoke words of forgiveness and non-resistance to wickedness? Did he not say, "Love your enemies" (Matthew 5:44, Luke 6:27), "Do not resist him that is wicked; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also" (Matthew5:39) and, alternately, "To him that strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also" (Luke 6:29)?

Answer:
    These verses are taken as representative of the extraordinary forgiveness taught and exercised by Jesus. However, the sublime dictum to "turn the other cheek" was not practiced by Jesus himself. According to the Gospels, Jesus preached turning the other cheek, loving one's neighbor and praying for them, and forgiving those who wrong you. When did Jesus manifest such behavior in his personal relationships, during his lifetime, for others to emulate? Was it:

his cursing of the Pharisees (Matthew 23),

his threat of violent retribution on cities that rejected his message (Matthew 11:20-24, Luke 10:13-15), or

his condemnation to death of Jews who would not accept him (Luke19:27)?

The fact of the matter is that he himself never turned the other cheek.Jesus never forgave anyone who rejected his claims. He responded to his opponents, not with passive resistance, but by answering criticism with criticism, reviling and threatening his adversaries (for example, Matthew 23).

It is clear from the gospels that Jesus never forgave anyone who wronged or criticized him. At best, he only forgave those who wronged others.Whenever an opportunity arose to personally forgive someone, he always declined. For example,

"he [Jesus] began to reproach the cities in which most of his miracles were done, because they did not repent. 'Woe to you,Chorazin ! Woe to you Bethsaida! . . . Nevertheless I say to you, it shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon in the day of judgment, then for you. And you, Capernaum, will not be exalted to heaven, will you? You shall descend to Hades; for if the miracles had occurred in Sodom which occurred in you, it would have remained to this day. Nevertheless I say to you that it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment,than for you'" (Matthew 11:20-24, Luke 10:13-15).

Instead of forgiving Judas for betraying him he said: "But woe to that man through whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that man if he had not been born" (Matthew 26:24).

In John 18:22-23, we find that Jesus, when beaten by an officer, instead of offering quietly his other cheek argues with him: But having said these things, one of the officers standing by gave Jesus a slap, saying: "Is that the way you answer the high priest?" Jesus answered him: "If I have spoken wrongly, bear witness concerning the wrong; but if rightly, why do you hit me?"

For his part, Paul, the late follower of Jesus, did not submit meekly to the high priest Ananias' order that he be smitten on the mouth:

And the High Priest Ananias commanded those standing beside him to strike him on the mouth. Then Paul said to him:

"God is going to strike you, you whitewashed wall. And do you sit to judge me according to the Law, and in violation of the Law order me to be struck? (Acts 23:2-3)

Paul did not offer his cheek in compliance with Jesus' command. Instead, he swore at Ananias in direct contradiction of another of Jesus' alleged commandments: "Bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you" (Luke 6:28), and his own statement: "Bless those who persecute you; bless, and do not curse" (Romans 12:14).

• tec
    tec

Once you understand why you don't give credence to their gods (just as valid as yours, and often far older), then you will understand I give none to theirs AND yours. As it has been said, we are both atheists, I just believe in one less god than you.

Oh, I understand. I do think there are differences that you are not acknowledging though.

I don't go up and discuss God with atheists. Unless they're asking... or speaking something as to God that is false. (and why would they speak to his nature when they cannot know it, and don't believe he even exists?) I also would not go up to a Hindu and tell him/her what is or is not true about the nature of his/her god(s). You have an opinion about my God though. Because you once believed in Him. So there is another element to our discussions... that is not present in me not giving credence to other gods of other cultures. I have not been taught falsely (or at all) about these other gods, I never believed nor had to reject them, I was never hurt by their religion. I do not have that potential baggage (throwing baby with the bathwater... and please note that I said POTENTIAL baggage) in regard to them.

The problem isn't one or the other, it's that you are so adamant about BOTH and seamlessly switch between the two when one isn't working. Alwsys accusing the person somehow when the method you say works doesn't.

Most of the time i am just trying to cover all possible ground in an attempt to help, because people are different. Sometimes what does not 'click' for one person, does 'click' for another, and vice versa. Because they recognize something they are doing in one thing, and not another... one thing speaks to them; another thing speaks to another person, all in accordance to what is in them.

Perhaps I should not do this. But then someone asks.

And your inconsistent god is an exact reflection of those who created him in their image.

The god people make in their image is inconsistent, I agree.

God shown through His image (Christ)... not so much.

*I* don't know that. We have a very incomplete account of his life. And the bible talks about angels (who presumably worked for Jesus) bringing swords and a sword coming out of his mouth. So yeah, swords and killing are part of his motif.

If you do not know, then perhaps you should reserve judgment? Because according to the accounts that we DO have... he did NOT bring a sword. He did not teach anyone to use a sword. He DID teach the opposite.

Will do. You are awesome at modding games. I still insist on the write up for Shamus to kill Carl :)

Thanks EP, and as your mod, i'll keep that "insistence" in mind ;P

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit