Booted! On the ship! Kicked off! Df'd!

by teejay 124 Replies latest jw friends

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

6 of 9,

That post was so damn funny...I burst out laughing dude. Newbies like me never ever read that thread of course!!!

• AlanF
    AlanF

LOL, Bigboi! You're even more clueless than I thought. Put your and Teejay's heads together and we'll get a quarter head -- 24% from Teejay.

AlanF

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Well personally I feel it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out Teejay's motives after reading about him bitch and moan about Kent's new board on several other posts he made on this site (here is the link if you want to bother reading his comments: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=23542&page=3&site=3) He also added these illuminating words a little later:

That being said, I'm not afraid of kent and my registering over there, in part, is a test. I won't say what that test is—not important—but if the time comes, I will hold the board owner's feet to the fire exactly as I've ALWAYS done here. Like I said, I ain't afraid of folks that carry pea shooters and believe me, that's all kent has.
    All I can say Teejay is that I'm glad you did your test and that Kent promptly booted you out. Nothing against you as an individual, it is just that Kent's board is based on the premise of being a somewhat more peaceful board, less shit stirring, and less flame wars. He makes no apologies for that and if this is what the people who post there want...I think that is great.

Sorry that you don't see it that way and feel Kent has victimized you or was being unfair but your "fruitage" is well known as per your posts, even if you didn't do a deliberate attack on Kent's board.

I think the more interesting issue will be what the future holds for what different boards evolve into. Will Kent's board that doesn't tolerate shit stirrers, personal attacks and flame wars survive and prosper? I hope so.

Skipper

• waiting
    waiting

But gravedancer,

If you have a *real* ignore button.....what's the use of being on a discussion board? That's not really discussing - that's agreeing with those who agree with you - and banning those you don't like.

To discuss, usually there are 2, perhaps 10, points of view. And then there's 6of9 *cough* just for the hell of it.

It's a learning process. Sometimes we succeed, sometimes we fail. As Simon said, sometimes we marry those who we fight with constantly.

Ain't life grand?

waiting

• Simon
    Simon

There *will* be an ignore feature but it will depend on the client and style you have.

If someone is on your ignore list then only their name and subject title will appear and you will have to expand the post to read it.

In practice, I doubt most people coudl resist just having a look at what someone has posted ... "just in case"

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

Waiting,

If you have a *real* ignore button.....what's the use of being on a discussion board? That's not really discussing - that's agreeing with those who agree with you - and banning those you don't like.
    No there is a big difference. I can ignore the people that annoy me. I will give you an example.

Look at Perry. We are on totally different sides in our views (yes we DISAGREE) but I would never ignore him for that. I love his viewpoints and the discussions and the debates.

Shit-stirrers (tolls and flamers) on the other hand go get put on IGNORE. It works on other boards such as Yahoo (one of the biggest message boards in cyber space).

Regards,
    GD

• bigboi
    bigboi
    Oh c'mon you think Kent can't read the stuff Teejay said about him today?

I think he can, if he goes about it very, very, slowly. Will he comprehend it? Well.... that's an altogether different scenario.

Thats like writing stuff on the bathroom walls in a pub frequented by someone and slandering thst person, then signing your name and acting all surprised when they tell you to suck wind if you go over and visit.
    First of all it ain't slander. It what's actually happened here. It was a desription and critique of Kent's actions here that a lot of ppl probably agree with. But I have a feeling u know that already.

Get a clue...

Ppl living in glass houses......

ONE....

bigboi

• Simon
    Simon

Sooooo (he said, about to say something that will probably provoke a response)

You're saying that you need the *system* to make you ignore something as you are not capable of doing it yourself?

BTW: I don't mean this to be as 'aggressive' as I know it sounds - I'm more interested in the psychology behind features I'm thinking of as to which will be used and how.

• bigboi
    bigboi

AlanF:

LOL, Bigboi! You're even more clueless than I thought.
    Glad to see I'm performing above your expectations, sir.

Put your and Teejay's heads together and we'll get a quarter head -- 24% from Teejay.
    Yep, you're probably right. Guess what though? Based on your comments in this thread, it's pretty evident that we'd still have room for you!

ONE....

bigboi

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

Simon,

You need a computer to do things you are not capable of yourself or you make the system operate in a way to save you time, effort and aggravation?

Can I ignore idiots? Who were we talking about?

Do you use a paper and pen to do all your finances? (or bravo a computer because it saves you effort)

Do you perform boring repetitive tasks? (or if you are able to do you use a machine to do them)

I like discussion forums where they save me time, effort and annoyance. Long live the Orwellian Machine!!!

That's my 2 cents.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit