Booted! On the ship! Kicked off! Df'd!

by teejay 124 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

It's OK for me to post there'cos I'm an Elder.

Englishman.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Joel,

You can only speak to these apostates once they have repented of their deeds and written to Simon asking for forgiveness.

They will be allowed to lurk, but not post, for six months. You may acknowledge them when they enter the forum, but nothing else is to be said to them. Once the six months is up, they can apply for re-instatement, including reasons why Simon should be lauded as GOD!

When their re-instatement thread is posted, you may come up to them and welcome them, but no applause is to happen. You are to welcome them as brothers once again, but be careful of inviting them to BBQs and such, lest their former apostate leanings may influence you in an informal setting.

There are some that aren't expected to repent, but we are to be reminded of Paul, who persecuted the Christians when he was known as Saul. Please pray for their souls, so that we may once again have fellowship as brothers.

• teejay
    teejay

To funny, Prisca! My thoughts exactly.

You know (and I know) ... they'll all come crawling back eventually – the ones that slung the mud, I mean. Eventually they will get tired of kent's juvenile antics—come to see what wiser ones saw damn near a year ago.

And you know what? When they come crawling back, King Simon won't say a word except maybe "welcome back." I might even follow his example.

Then again, maybe I won't.

• waiting
    waiting

Joining in the chorus Welcome Back, Kismet!

Hope things are going well for you? When this whole new episode of xjw weblife started, I was sure that if people sent you "this link" - you'd smile, at least partly. Ahhhh, the memories! Please stay around?

TO ALL

Isn't it time to let this die down? What will be, will be. There's so much room for several active forums. When the "old H20er's" were at H20, it had a flavor. So did JW.com. So did WOL. So did Eden Outpost. So did that forum which had the pretty young woman as moderator (obviously my "retrieval" mechanisms aren't working this morning - duh).

Point being: the styles & flavor were either similar - or totally opposite. Then several of those forums changed/stopped - and JW.com tried to welcome all. Slowly, JW.com became the old H20, go figure.

Now we have a chance to evolve back into the JW.com prior. What an opportunity! What was lovely about this place was that we could breathe, say hello. We had dumb & excellent threads. LOL, the same could be said for the posters. And, yes, we did argue. But, for the most part, we did remain civil.

Perhaps if not peace, at least a Cease Fire could be called - and an honest effort to refrain from insults......no matter who started them last week?

I've learned three words sum up life's experiences. 'It goes on.' Walt Whitman (not for sure, as I'm not at work.)

Shall we get on? We will, you know.

waiting

• joelbear
    joelbear

Thanks Prisca.

Could someone please make a list of who was on which side. I don't want to make any posting faux pas.

Joel

• Angharad
    Angharad

Well said Waiting

• Julie
    Julie

Greetings to you all:

While I have to say I agree with Waiting on the issue that this is a topic that should die I have to admit to being a little surprised at some of the reaction at what has transpired.

First of all Kent started a board where those of us who many of you would like to see gone, could go. I should think you'd do your high fives all around and get on with it as Waiting suggests (the get on with it part--not the high fives--that's more a bigboi thing).

Unfortunately this was not to be. Apparently some cannot just let be. I see Teejay bemoaning censorship and all sorts of unfair treatment for being booted from Kent's board and of course trusty Bigboi playing Chester to Teejay's Spike and all but, at the risk of being accused of reading the obvious into the obvious, didn't Teejay make his intentions clear the other day in the Kent's New Board thread? Teejay offered this:

:Hey... I'm thinking of registering over there myself... kicking up some dust. Think they could handle me?

Now perhaps I am mistakenly reading too much into this but in my oh-so-simple mind this consititutes INTENT. Clear intent actually. Teejay, you made it clear you were merely out to "kick up some dust" and then act the victim when you show up to "kick up some dust" and get booted for your trouble.

I do not understand all this hate-mongering regarding Kent's board and those who have gone to it. You all will have this board back without the unwelcome visitors. Now rejoice in your accomplishment and live and let live. Why waste your time otherwise?

Best wishes to you all--and I hope you are all soon enjoying more pleasant conversations. I hope to be doing same, only elsewhere.

Julie, who has friends on both boards and wishes success to both forums AND to prove I mean all in a spirit of peace, I sincerely wish ALL posters on both forums success and happiness in the future

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

joel; I love you deeply and passionately but in a non-squishey way. That was funny. And people say Americans have no sense of irony...

Maybe there IS an 'Axis of Negative Posting' though... but if we put any names to it, then people would be pissed off at being left out...

ANGERED BY SNUBBING, LIBYA, CHINA SYRIA FORM "AXIS OF JUST AS EVIL"

Cuba, Sudan, Serbia Form Axis of Somewhat Evil; Other Nations Start Own Clubs

Beijing (Reuter) - Bitter after being snubbed for membership in the "Axis of Evil," Libya, China, and Syria today announced they had formed the "Axis of Just as Evil," which they said would be way eviler than that Iran-Iraq-North Korea axis President Bush warned of his State of the Union address.

Axis of Evil members, however, immediately dismissed the new axis as
    having, for starters, a really dumb name.

"Right. They are Just as Evil...in their dreams!" declared North Korean leader Kim Jong-il. "Everybody knows we're the best evils...best at being evil...we're the best."

Diplomats from Syria denied they were jealous over being excluded,
    although they conceded they did ask if they could join the Axis of Evil. "They told us it was full," said Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

"An Axis can't have more than three countries," explained Iraqi President Saddam Hussein. "This is not my rule, it's tradition. In World War II you had Germany, Italy, and Japan in the evil Axis. So you can only have three. And a secret handshake. Ours is wicked cool."

THE AXIS PANDEMIC

International reaction to Bush's Axis of Evil declaration was
    swift, as within minutes, France surrendered.

Elsewhere, peer-conscious nations rushed to gain triumvirate status in
    what became a game of geopolitical chairs. Cuba, Sudan, and Serbia said they had formed the Axis of Somewhat Evil, forcing Somalia to join with Uganda and Myanmar in the Axis of Occasionally Evil, while Bulgaria, Indonesia and Russia established the Axis of Not So Much Evil Really As Just Generally Disagreeable.

With the criteria suddenly expanded and all the desirable clubs filling up, Sierra Leone, El Salvador, and Rwanda applied to be called the Axis of Countries That Aren't the Worst But Certainly Won't Be Asked to Host the Olympics; Canada, Mexico, and Australia formed the Axis of Nations That Are Actually Quite Nice But Secretly Have Nasty Thoughts About America, while Spain, Scotland, and New Zealand established the Axis of Countries That Be Allowed to Ask Sheep to Wear Lipstick.

"That's not a threat, really, just something we like to do," said Scottish Executive First Minister Jack McConnell.

While wondering if the other nations of the world weren't perhaps making fun of him, a cautious Bush granted approval for most axes, although he rejected the establishment of the Axis of Countries Whose Names End in "Guay," accusing one of its members of filing a false application. Officials from Paraguay, Uruguay, and Chadguay denied the charges.

Israel, meanwhile, insisted it didn't want to join any Axis, but
    privately, world leaders said that's only because no one asked them.

waiting; the "pretty young woman" was Tishie...

Whilst your name recall may be offline, I pretty much agree with your comments.

I think anyone expecting boards to remain static and unchanging is being a tad unrealistic. I think ALL boards have a Golden Age, and I sincerely hope, having been lucky enough to be at Tishie's board in the Golden Age, that this board's Golden Age isn't over.

I also think that it's equally unrealistic to expect 'one size to fit all'. It MIGHT at first; ever seen what happens to a new bar? Generally, the first year or two are brilliant; all sorts of different people having fun together. Then it will develop a ground-in character and ethos, for whatever reasons, and the people who stay will be the people who like it there. That doesn't mean they are bad. It means they like it there. And the people who stop going or only drop by occasionally aren't bad either. They just are doing other things.

It seems ridiculous to have to point out that we DON'T all have to do the same thing, think the same way like the same people or believe the same stuff.

What's certain is that there are a million and one things more interesting to do than watch action-replays of arguements between people. I could not, at this stage, give a flying act of copulation over discussions of who is right and wrong, and I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling this.

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

So Waiting,

What is your favorite Pizza topping?

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Waiting,

Now we have a chance to evolve back into the JW.com prior. What an opportunity! What was lovely about this place was that we could breathe, say hello. We had dumb & excellent threads. LOL, the same could be said for the posters. And, yes, we did argue. But, for the most part, we did remain civil.

Perhaps if not peace, at least a Cease Fire could be called - and an honest effort to refrain from insults......no matter who started them last week?

Good advice, thanks Waiting. It seems though that the Cease Fire call will have to come from the members of this board first since it seems that Julie needs to have the last word.

Let's let her have the last word if it means that much to her and as you say: move on.

IW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit