Killing Ananias and Sapphira

by irondork 313 Replies latest watchtower bible

• still thinking
    still thinking

Well, if He had a wee chat with us as children, some adult or expert would just chalk that up to nonsense, or imagination, or childhood friends... and children tend to set such things aside as they are taught to by the adults who are supposed to KNOW, in their lives.

Interesting...so we are more powerful than god. Guess what...he could continue to talk to us and then the parents would be telling their children...'of course Jesus is talking to you child...he is talking to everyone'....but that's not what happens.

He only talks to you if you:

a/ happen to find out about him

b/ care to do thorough research to find out what is true and what isn't

c/ get it right.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Exactly. Same as when it was only allowed to be read in latin (unless that is an unsubstantiated rumor). So it makes no sense at all that God would limit his ability to communicate with us

I agree...so why does he only talk to a select few? And before you start to speel off about how he is but we can't hear him because of whatever reason...that still does not explain why he is so useless at communicating.

• still thinking
    still thinking

How do you suppose Peter and the other apostles even knew He was the Christ, with no bible to tell them so? They didn't search the scriptures to see if it was Him. They knew. They were called. This was a communication that did not require any bible. This was in spirit.

Lots of people make shit up. Just look at the bible as a whole collection of made up books with no evidence whatsoever.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

I think I'm kinda starting to see where you're coming from, Tammy. You're acting as if you lived in pre-literate times, say before the Flood, when there was no writing, no Torah, no golden tablets, and people were basically worshipping apart from written theology, but via rituals?

But on the other hand, how can you leap-frog 3,000 yrs to also deal with a Jesus who lived in literate times?

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

How do you suppose Peter and the other apostles even knew He was the Christ, with no bible to tell them so? They didn't search the scriptures to see if it was Him. They knew. They were called. This was a communication that did not require any bible. This was in spirit.

and where did you get that from? wait... the bible? or did jesus tell you too?
  • still thinking
    still thinking

Plus, children, even other cultures, can hear in spirit, and perhaps not be able to describe that in a way that others would understand what they are speaking about.

If they do hear something...I would think it would be the 'spirits' of their culture. How many children hear from Jesus in hindu culture? Or are you suggesting that the children are, but cannot communicate that? More guess work and unfounded claims?

Is it all about the power of suggestion and imagination?

I watched a video a while ago about a couple that claim to see spirits (ghosts) and what a surprise, their two children do too...it was quite mind blowing watching this video and the manipulation of these parents convincing their children that their imaginary friends and dreams were real.

Made me wonder how they explain their nightmares....were they real too?

Neither of the children OR the parents heard Jesus though. You'd think they would since they were so in touch with the spirit realm. Guess they didn't have enough faith...or maybe a different faith all together, but how is that possible if they are really in touch with spirits, do the spirits have different faiths too.

Maybe they were demons......or...maybe it was a load of crap...I dunno. But it was sad to watch parents bend childrens minds like that.

• still thinking
    still thinking

But on the other hand, how can you leap-frog 3,000 yrs to also deal with a Jesus who lived in literate times? KS

I wonder why Jesus never wrote anything himself? Maybe he didn't want anything written???

If that was the case...what were those books supposedly written by the apostles and Paul about? Does Jesus even want us to understand them?

His father appears to have wanted sacred writings? Didn't god write those magical tablets for moses. Or is Jesus saying his father didn't, by not writing anything himself? You know, you have seen me you have seen the father. Or was that allegory too?

• tec
    tec

Now if I find a source that is full of lies, I can't just look at it and decide what I think is right and dismiss the rest. The entire source is then suspect. So you ask must it be all or nothing? YES! If it is admittedly written by liars, then none of it can be trusted. Can you ever

trust a liar? I don't. Especially over important stuff.

No, I could not trust a liar. But I did not state that the bible was written by liars. Nor is the bible all one book, one author, just because someone hundreds and thousands of years later decided to put it all AS one book, and claim it is inerrant. And any book, especially over translations and time, is subject to the same errors.

That being said, this is why I test everything written (against Christ and love), and also ask Christ. The Spirit leads us into all truth.

What an odd god that he works that way. Why doesn't he speak to all of different faiths and understandings? Why doesn't he 'speak' to you until you understand him better?

And who says that the Spirit of Christ speaks only to those who 'understand' him better? What makes you think that it is just that people do not understand what (or who) they are hearing? I know that it was that way for me, and many others have said the same... that He was speaking to them long before they ever recognized this.

I agree...so why does he only talk to a select few? And before you start to speel off about how he is but we can't hear him because of whatever reason...that still does not explain why he is so useless at communicating.

Christ speaks to many. Only a few hear and put faith in what they hear. He also said it would be so. But the fact that people DO hear him speaks NOT to useless communication.

Consider this... that we must learn to hear in spirit in order to move forward, spiritually. The spirit counts for more than the flesh. Speak only to the flesh and never move toward who we truly are... which is spirit.

Lots of people make shit up. Just look at the bible as a whole collection of made up books with no evidence whatsoever.
    That is your answer? They all made it up over the centuries? Maybe they were all crazy too, lol. Including everyone who ever heard in spirit today.
    I think I'm kinda starting to see where you're coming from, Tammy. You're acting as if you lived in pre-literate times, say before the Flood, when there was no writing, no Torah, no golden tablets, and people were basically worshipping apart from written theology, but via rituals?

I think you're getting the gist of what I am saying. I am speaking about the Source. Those who heard and followed God and His directions, via the Spirit, without any writing to tell them what to do. I am also including any prophets, I am also including the apostles, and Paul, etc.

Having writing does not mean that there is no more Spirit or that all people are dependent upon it.

So there is not really a leap-frog. Because people were still hearing things that were not written.

Be back soon...

Peace,

tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

In that case, it would seem that where you are born plays heavily on whether you identify this voice as Jesus. People with Judeo/Christian backgrounds identify it for what it TRULY is, Jesus. And those from other backgrounds might chalk it up to some other source. But whatever source they credit, the REAL source is Jesus, and they just don't know that because the bible has not told them so. Before the European migration, I'm pretty sure no Native American ever identified Jesus's voice. They probably credited other spirits and such. But when the Europeans set them straight about all that and showed them the superior way, I'm sure that changed. Likely there are Native Americans today who have identified their voices as Jesus.

It's all about where you were born, and the culture you were raised in.

But it's good that there are humans to clarify such things.

"That's not Rhea you've been hearing! Silly. That was Jesus, you just identifyed her as Rhea because you didn't know about Jesus, but now you do!"

"Corn Mother? Oh come on. Everyone knows that female entities don't communicate with humans. That's Jesus. You were just confused, but now you know the TRUTH of the matter! He's been talking to you all along, and silly you thought it was Corn Mother."

Yep. Happens all the time.

• tec
    tec

I wonder why Jesus never wrote anything himself? Maybe he didn't want anything written???

Perhaps because He was teaching about the Spirit... and knew that those who belonged to Him would hear Him in spirit. Like He said... the Spirit will lead you into all truth. He taught in the flesh (most need to SEE); then in the Spirit. (for those who had faith in Him and the words He also taught in the flesh)

He did ask for Revelation to be written though. He said... write this down. But he communicated it in spirit.

If that was the case...what were those books supposedly written by the apostles and Paul about? Does Jesus even want us to understand them?

I'm not sure what you mean. The gospels were written testimony about Christ. The letters Paul wrote were to specific congregations. Communicating with them by letter, though he would have rathered done so in person. Same with the letters that the others wrote.

His father appears to have wanted sacred writings? Didn't god write those magical tablets for moses.

He did... but the law was written on stone because it was not written on the hearts of the people.

The law... of love... is meant to be written on our hearts. Not a sight thing with rules and regulations written down on paper or tablets. But rather, within us. Because we act upon what is within us.

Or is Jesus saying his father didn't, by not writing anything himself? You know, you have seen me you have seen the father. Or was that allegory too?

Not sure about the answer to that question... but I think you're getting it - see Christ, see God :)

God did not write anything down. Others wrote down what He gave them, through the Spirit (who is Christ). I think He might have asked them to do so though. Just as Christ asked John to write down what He was given in Revelation. I'm not sure if anyone else did so at His direction or not.

Those were inspired writings.. scripture... given while IN SPIRIT.

But just as we should test inspired messages that are given to us... we should also test those written down. Because what is written down can be added to/taken away from, by the scribes and translators... not necessarily out of maliciousness, but out of lack of understanding. Languages do not translate exact into one another. Meaning can be lost. Same with the language of the spirit to the languages of man. I think that is why we get parables and such. We don't always have the right words for a teaching to translate exactly.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit