Killing Ananias and Sapphira

by irondork 313 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tec
    tec

But the image of God is not the bible, DaCheech. The image of God is Christ. We most definitely do not get an accuarate image of God from the bible... I mean, if we did, we would get ONE image, right? The bible gives different people different images... all from the same book (s).

As for fraud... how would you feel if the wts sold off some property, said that they gave all of the proceeds to some sort of cause, and while they did give a portion... they also lied and kept profit for themselves? They used the cause to make a profit for themselves, and make themselves look good in the process.

Now, I'm not a lawyer, but I'm sure when it comes to selling off property and lying about what you got so you could claim to give it all, but really pocket some of those profits... that is some type of fraud.

Peace,

tammy

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

what is written is written, and you are wrong................. GOD put those judgements (copout) and (circular reasoning like JWS)

• tec
    tec

I'm not really sure what you are trying to say by your last post.

I mean, even going by what is written... what is written is that Christ is the Image and Truth and Word of God. Not the bible.

Peace,

tammy

• elderelite
    elderelite

I'd be deeply curious tammy to know what law they violated....?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

If you lie to God today, and you get discovered, you drop dead. Immediately. Happens all the time. The shock of it is too much for human flesh to bear. I'm sure there are studies that have documented it. You'd think people would learn not to lie to god these days, what with years of proof that the shock of doing so is more than their system can take, and they simply can't get away with it. People just never learn. That's why we have such a long trail of documented deaths brought on by the shock of lying to a god. Sad really.

• tec
    tec

Whose laws?

Laws in their time, for their culture, or roman laws, or God's laws, or laws from now?

Wiki defines fraud as:

a fraud is an intentional deception made for personal gain or to damage another individual

Later on in that same wiki on fraud, the personal gain does not have to be monetary. So I guess the question would be why did they lie? For what purpose? For money? It was already theirs, so that doesn't make sense to me. To avoid taxes or some such thing? I have no idea. For prestige or praise from men, to elevate their position? Perhaps. But again, the account does not state their reason.

But it was the deception that they were being called upon; not how much they decided to give or not to give.

Peace,

tammy

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

TEC said:

Now, I'm not a lawyer, but I'm sure when it comes to selling off property and lying about what you got so you could claim to give it all, but really pocket some of those profits... that is some type of fraud.

Says someone who's clearly not heard of any of the common creative tax-mitigation strategies used in the wide-world of CPAs.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

NC said:

That's why we have such a long trail of documented deaths brought on by the shock of lying to a god. Sad really.

Here, let's try a little experiment:

Me: "God, I believe in you!"

(s/p 5 min: pulse: 65 bpm. respiration: 15/min. My still ticking, and not . No signs of ).

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Wait a minute---can you really lie to God? Let's break that down. Is that even possible? Must be, because we have a pile of dead bodies that suddenly expired when they lied to god and then the lie was discovered, and then it was pointed out to them, because that shock would not have set in immediately, it would have had to be pointed out first, and then it would also have to be pointed out that they were gonna die now. And they do.

It's the shock of it all. The heart just stops. Doctors are looking for a remedy, but the immediate urgency of the situation really prevents medical care from getting there in time, so we don't know if it is even possible to save someone from the shock of lying to a god and then having it pointed out to them. The paramedics just shake their heads and wrap them up and wonder why there aren't some PSA's warning people against the danger of lying to God.

Don't smoke; teeth were meant to last a lifetime; don't be a litter bug; only you can prevent forest fires; just say no; click it or ticket; friends don't let friends drink and drive; this is your brain on drugs; and finally, LIE AND DIE.

People really need to be warned.

• tec
    tec

NC, lol, you are making fun of something I never even said.

There's no trail of dead bodies of people who lie to God. There's no trail of dead bodies of people who die from the shock of terrifying or terrible news either, but it can happen. I'm not saying it did happen to A & S. I already said I did not know... but only that we CAN know that God did not kill them, by looking at Christ to see God. (Though we shouldn't even have to think that He did kill them in the first place, because the account itself states no such thing.)

I don't think anyone can um... sucessfully... lie to God. Though people can tell him lies I suppose, though it is really themselves I think they are fooling. God cannot be fooled. We just convince ourselves that a) he can, or b) that our lies are truth.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit