Killing Ananias and Sapphira

by irondork 313 Replies latest watchtower bible

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Okay fine---minor detail. Their special sandals were made of pitch and they just stuck to the bottom of the Sea of Galilea. Sheesh---some people require so much evidence.

Ohh, you're full of it, NC. I know a field geologist who's done extensive soil-sampling in that area, and as part of their PhD thesis they performed an extensive soil analysis that showed high-enough concentrations of salts and minerals such that black-tar pitch (AKA bitumen) would NEVER stick to the fibers of the sandal (much less hold a decompensating and bloating body underwater in the high salinity of the Sea of Gaiilee)....

So CLEARLY nothing BUT cement sandals would work....

So pfffttt to you, and all of your.... you.

PS Oh, and this one too (except less of the puppy-dog goofiness, and more of the bratiness)

PSS I just looked and "thorleaf flugerhaven" doesn't give any results on Google? Is it possible EE is making things up?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Okay, but I didn't think you were ready for the full story, because you didn't have a veil covering your face! But now I don't care if you shrivel up into a little grease spot, so here goes.

GOD took Peter to the mountain and CARVED sandals out of stone with his finger. Okay? Are you still there? Did the glory of the revelation turn you into a shrinky dink? I hope so!

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

NC said:

But now I don't care if you shrivel up into a little grease spot, so here goes.

Hmm, it might be my Asperberger's vaccine talking, but am I sensing some anger on your end? Did I accidently give you some cause for offense?

Okay? Are you still there? Did the glory of the revelation turn you into a shrinky dink? I hope so!

Shrinky-dink? DON'T try to change the subject back to that anti-masturbation video (which some anti-JWs object to, claiming they're repulsed by how sexually graphic it is, as if teaching masturbation by showing everyone how to do it, although the message of the video is actually discouraging it, thereby encouraging viewers not.... Dammit! I thought I had it there for a moment: it's all so confusing...)

NC, after arguing with you, I'm in a post-argument refractory period right now, and left as a mental shrinky-dink (but oddly enough, satisfied?)...

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

as if teaching masturbation by showing everyone how to do it,

Yes, well, Jehovah's people are the best educated in the world! Did you know the TMS is the equivalent of a college degree?

My grandma told me this funny story. She said when they were little (they lived in the country) their mother had to go out and leave all the kids (there were 12). On leaving she said, "Now don't you youngin's be sticking them beans in your noses!" A worthy warning, indeed!

So my grandma would then say (yes, she repeated stories), "Now it had never even occurred to any of us kids to stick beans in our noses until she said that." And yes, they stuck beans in their noses! There is nothing as appealing as the forbidden, you know.

• elderelite
    elderelite

No i didnt make it up... It is how HE revealed HIMSELF to me! He shall speak to you as well if YOU but LISTEN to him! He shall speak! And you shall ! Hear!

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

M'Kay, if u say so....

Hang on, phones ringing.... it might be him....

(hello? Who? No, this is 9976, not 9975. No problem, bye")

Wrong number....

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

has Jesus' god spoken since I left this thread?

I missed?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

the same Jesus that is in the "not to be used" bible as the God we don't want to read about............. because we just want to listen to jesus and imagine the god as we so would desperately want to see him as?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

wait? I want to believe in a god, but I hope whatever he/she is --> is diffrent than what I now know him as!

• still thinking
    still thinking
    PSS I just looked and "thorleaf flugerhaven" doesn't give any results on Google? Is it possible EE is making things up?

Honestly! I don't understand why you can't just take EE for his word on that. WHY would he make that up? You need to put more faith in what he is sharing with you Sol...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit