Killing Ananias and Sapphira

by irondork 313 Replies latest watchtower bible

• elderelite
    elderelite

Wow! The spirit is so limited it cant find the words to convey a teaching clearly! I never knew the maker of heaven and earth,( the maker of man himself!) was so limited that his spirit couldnt find the way to convey a teaching.

Desert god's ablities 0

t ec ablitiy to make up excuses 1

• tec
    tec

Are you sure it is me making up excuses... or you; perhaps as to why you don't hear?

Me, I can't speak as to you.

I can only speak as to me. I hear. Christ spoke to me long before I recognized Him though. As a child even, I felt the Spirit... but just did not know the specifics. But I always believed in God, always felt Him. Never doubted that, especially as a child. Set him aside for a while, ignored Him, did my own thing. Then tried to find Him again (tried the bible, then the jw's, then the bible again... then just trusted in the Spirit, and Christ).

Peace,

tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Oh, I'm sure.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Others wrote down what He gave them, through the Spirit (who is Christ)

?? Are you making new doctrine now? The spirit is Christ? Not sure I follow. You should start a church.

• tec
    tec

I should not have spoken so... black and white. In the past, God sent messages also through angels, sometimes in dreams. I am not sure if those were sent from God directly, or His Son. (Paul did speak as to Christ being the rock mass, with Moses... I think it was Paul, I'd have to double check, so there would something one could 'see' to understand that He was there) Today God speaks to us through His Son... and this in spirit.

But yes, Christ is the Spirit, the Holy one of God. God is also Spirit... the Most Holy. That does not make them the same person. Just both spirit.

It is different than the trinity, true... but so?

And no, I should not start a church. No one should start a church. There is only one Teacher: Christ... and the church consists of all who belong to Him.

Peace,

tammy

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

TEC said:

I think you're getting the gist of what I am saying. I am speaking about the Source. Those who heard and followed God and His directions, via the Spirit, without any writing to tell them what to do. I am also including any prophets, I am also including the apostles, and Paul, etc.

Having writing does not mean that there is no more Spirit or that all people are dependent upon it.

Ok, just understand that I tend to look at it from a legalistic framework, which IS a concept upon which the entire Torah is based: essentially, first-year contract law. God creates multiple covenants (contracts) with mankind, seals the deal with what lawyers call 'consideration' (something of value, i.e. a sacrifice has monetary worth), and done and done: you have a legally-binding, valid and enforceable contract.

By committing their 'fraud' (as you say), Ananias and Sapphira committed an act which fundamentally breached the contract, and God offers instant judgment and punishment: death.

That's not a stretch, in my mind: that's how law works (well, not the instant death bit, and breach is a concept of civil, not criminal law, but close enough...). OT, NT are claimed as important influences on modern law, and the influence is obvious to most who look into it.

I'm going somewhere here as it pertains to your direct relationship with Jesus, but will get back to it later (to be continued)....

• elderelite
    elderelite

Wow common tammy!!!! That was so transparent. You blantantly ignored my point and adressed the one wise crack about making excuses. How about adressing the point i actually made:

The foolishness of the very god that made us not being able to clearly convey a teaching! Are you that blind tammy dear?

• tec
    tec

I'm off to work myself, so its all good, Sol. Talk with you later!

Peace,

tammy

• elderelite
    elderelite

Except sol, you missed tammy's primary point:

She says god DIDNT kill them

• tec
    tec

EE, at least you admit it was a wisecrack, lol.

I wasn't making a wisecrack or a jab though (please stop seeing that in my responses, if you can), and I thought you actually meant it. (I think you do, though, don't you?) In any case, my question was sincere. If you think I am making excuses, what are you doing?

As to your other point, I believe I have answered it. People can hear and see what they want to hear, and they ignore or set aside what they do not want to hear. I don't think its foolishness on God's part... because we need only look to His Son, to be taught and to see Him. It is not that complex. People listen to other things though.

In any case, I am off to work as I said. Catch ya later.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit