wts made a video about masturbation IN SIGN LANGUAGE, WITH GESTURES

by rebel8 293 Replies latest members adult

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

In Montreal there was a French deaf group and an English deaf group. They manage to communicate with each other but with some problems. Deaf people develop their "accents" by pickign up new signs and dropping older ones while another group refuses to adopt the new signs.

I found that I could communicate fairly well - certainly not fluent with the couple who taught me. They both grew up in the same small town so I learned many of their little differences. Two doors down from them lived another deaf family. I had to learn their particular differences. They weren't big differences but they were there. Then another family had their differences.

When the deaf get together they adapt quite quickly to those differences with acasual check what a sign means. As a hearing person it was different. I had to ask a lot more often. lol

Now interpreting is different. The best ASL interpreters are the children of the deaf. The rest of us don't even come close. The ASL interpreters I have seen on TV are wooden faced. There is almost no facial expression and very little body expression. I don't even know how to explain this especailly since they are supposedly certified interpreters.

Now in the cong I was in most of the people who learned were very shy modest woman who were not comfortable with a lot of facial expression or body movement. They tended to sign just with their hands.

To be honest I came a lot closer to a modified ASL and SEE (Signed Exact English) Although I was simply repeating exactly word for word what was being said on the platform, my facial expression and body language followed the voice intonations of the speaker. I think that is why they preferred me so much for important talks. I could keep up with the speaker word for word and I was able to make the translation come alive. Mouthy/Grace who posts on here knows me well and used to watch me. I get a lot of praise from her and people like her who used to watch me. So I guess you could say I had my own little accent too

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I did a search and found "masturbate" missing from a bunch of ASL dictionaries. However, at signing savvy, it gave me this:

"This is potentially a mature sign. To view the sign you must have a full member account on Signing Savvy. As a member, you have the ability to show or hide mature signs based on your preference. Become member.
    View video tutorial on mature signs.
    "

I'm no expert, but that raises red flags for me that they should have gone with fingerspelling, perhaps the graphic gestures once in the footnotes at most. They were translating some crappy English cult litteratrash that just made it worse when they had a scripture noted at the top right of the screen and the guy graphically signs both male and female self-stimulation THREE TIMES! Yeah, that ain't in the Bible folks. Who are you trying to kid?

• perfect1
    perfect1

human classificaion systems are based on binary oppositions.

Claude Levi- Strauss.

Sturctural Anthropology

The Raw and the cooked volume of Mythologiques.

Thats all Im sayin.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

I'm very tardy in this thread, read the first few pages and now this one. I'm going to make a comment based on my intuition but also my ignorance. It may have already been addressed. Forgive me for that because I mean no disrespect to those with a hearing disability.

If I were a parent I would be greatly offended at my child viewing sign language representing masturbation, both male and female. The same goes for fellatio and cunninglis. There may be others. I would be a lot more comfortable (with children present) if the interpreter used text cards for such words. Here the adult audience could understand what the speaker said yet the child, depending on age, would probably have to ask his parent. The parent would be responsible for such an explanation if needed.

Len

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I respect the notion that the visual presented has a certain meaning in ASL, and a vulgar meaning in the general public. I would ask one to consider this question; if your 10 yearold child did that in a classroom, would a teacher write them up or discipline them for it being inappropriate?

After watching this and giving it some deeper thought, I am wondering what this video has to do with "preaching the gospel to the ends of the world" and how it conveys the message of God's kingdom and Jesus' ransom for humans. The organization that produced and distributed this video claims to be the only one doing those activities, so how does this video represent those activities?

It does illustrate an organization that creates and maintains control mechanisms to induce people to give them their life energy which the organization enriches itself on. What could be more natural than the action of creating pleasure for oneself? To manufacture guilty feelings about that with no scriptural basis, but merely crafty words is evidence of an organization that is corrupt beyond redemption.

Watchower Jehovah's Witnesses masturbate to oil the squeaky wheels on Jehovah's celestial chariot

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

FatFreek said:

If I were a parent I would be greatly offended at my child viewing sign language representing masturbation, both male and female. The same goes for fellatio and cunninglis. There may be others. I would be a lot more comfortable (with children present) if the interpreter used text cards for such words. Here the adult audience could understand what the speaker said yet the child, depending on age, would probably have to ask his parent. The parent would be responsible for such an explanation if needed.

So what is more offensive about seeing the gestures that isn't as offensive about hearing the words? I'd imagine most children under 6 don't know what the gesture represents anyway, just as they probably don't know the words mean. See what I'm getting at? Adults know what both the words and gestures mean, but likely are projecting their own embarrassment onto others (including their children), when I don't think it's necessarily a given that the kids understand, or are "embarrassed" (BTW, kids often learn the expected emotional reaction by watching how others react).

I respect the notion that the visual presented has a certain meaning in ASL, and a vulgar meaning in the general public. I would ask one to consider this question; if your 10 yearold child did that in a classroom, would a teacher write them up or discipline them for it being inappropriate?

The situation is not theoretical: there was a recent thread on a 3 yr old named Hunter who's parents were told by the school district that they'd have to change his name (!) or use another sign because the SEE sign for his name requires making a threatening gun sign, in violation of the school policy. The school has since back-peddled, after the ACLU sent a letter suggesting that was a clear violation of Hunter's ADA rights, and would likely result in an open-and-shut case if they persisted.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/28/13531342-deaf-childs-sign-language-name-looks-too-much-like-gun-parent-says-school-told-him?lite

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

So is it okay if Jack signs his name...

?

• cuckoo in the nest
    cuckoo in the nest

Only if his surname is "Off"

• perfect1
    perfect1

Its naive to think children dont understand sexuality and recognize it for what it is.

Even if they dont know explicit details, this is a group that constantly harps on the word harlot which is central to the doctrine. The tone and negative attitude towards sexuality is easily perceptible to a child WITHOUT the ASL gestures, the ASL just emphasizes the destructive attitude and lewdness of trying to control this aspect of peoples lives.

Looking back I can see that the society promotes or enforces sexual frustration and dysfunction and that people internalize that, and it definitely is felt by children in one way or another.

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

Was the other thread deleted??? You know which one....it said "viral". Can someone say why? Or is it better not to say so?

If you can't say why, than don't answer to this question. Mods please delete my comment here....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit