By What Authority?

by Orthodox1 183 Replies latest jw friends

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

I never thought I would say this, but some people are better off in the WT.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

speak for yourself mate

from what i'm seeing, yo've somehow decided to jump from the jws to becoming a catholic

perfectly fine

then decide that once again you've got the one true religion (let's not pussyfoot around it, that's straight from YOUR MOUTH)

and then have the nerve to trn around and start throwing inslts when someone doesn't see it your way (the pagan comments)

you're 100% right. some people DO belong in that sort of environment

• still thinking
    still thinking

I never thought I would say this, but some people are better off in the WT....apostatethunder

What a curious thing to say...

How would they be better off?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Agnostics are just cowards that won't commit to anything.

I'm 100 percent committed to the notion that the existence of God can be neither proven nor disproven. And I'm not a coward. I just don't care.

• still thinking
    still thinking

LOL...yellow bellied agnostic...

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

this entire thread took a wretched turn from the moment isidore got into the thread and then became downright disgusting the moment people decided to equate all pagans with human sacrifice/poor morality

here's what i find fnny. the ASSumption that people here hate catholicism because they were conditioned to do so by the mind control cultists knowns as the jehovah's witnesses

it couldn't be due to seeing how catholics completely screwed up south and central america? or the bloody and racial wars perpetrated by god's so called organization? we can't hate it because we hate the notion of priests actively hiding and moving around sexual predators while giving the bird to the victims?

i personally hate the superiority complex of any religion that somehow deems it their right and duty to wipe out whole groups of people while looking down their nose at them and enslaving them in the name of god.

i think it's stomach churning and revolting that anyone could somehow believe it was better for whole populations of people to die and lose their entire culture while being forced to work on sugar plantations and convert to something that ultimately has as mch truth in it as the pagan's religions

i really wish there was a stronger set of words i could use to describe just how i feel when i see people STILL trying to force THEIR moral code onto others who have a different viewpoint. and for how much that viewpoint literally screws up people's lives...the contraceptives issue and the gay rights issues are particlarly sickening. sadly the thesaurus didn't seem to have anything that fit

• still thinking
    still thinking

what he said....^^^^^^...and more.

A religion steeped in cruelty and immorality, who's adherants seem to be proud of, and quote it's history, like it is something that should be cherished while seemingly ignoring the atrocities that are also a significant part of this religions history.

[edit] my comment is not aimed at you personally isidore...it is a continuation of the comments above about cathoicism. Just wanted to make that clear.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

Rbih, the only one trying to force your point of view in a rather aggressive and ignorant manner is YOU.

Get some self-awareness and stop harassing people that don’t agree with you.

Take care.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I consider Paganism the most honest of all religious structures. I've said this before, so just skim if you've read it. Pagan religions serve their people. They are strongly connected to their people, their environment, and their cycles. They are generally small, or very elastic. They are molded to fit the people they serve. They strike me as organic and grown from actual local needs and desires.

The bible religions got way too big. They sought to enforce Middle Eastern culture on everyone, regardless of the needs of the people. The religion no longer served the people, but the people served the religion. They had to drastically change their culture to keep from getting slaughtered. Pagan religions don't generally hold themselves as superior to the other pagan religions around them. The issues the Christians had with Rome were political, not religious. Most pagan gods are simply not as jealous as the bible god. It was nothing for the people to honor other gods. This is not possible with the bible god, and so those following set themselves up for conflict. But considering the persecution complex I see in many serious Christians, this just fed some need. Jesus said that if they hated him, they would hate his followers. So persecution for some Christians can be quite validating. I believe it is the reason that every Christian sect clamors to claim those 'martyred' by Rome as their own. It's proof they are on the right track. Not all Christians buy into this, and I think most Catholics that I know do not either. It tends to be more common with conservative Protestants where I'm from. If you don't praise Jesus with them, then you are persecuting them. If it wasn't so crazy and reactionary, this would be funny at times. LOOK AT ME, I'M BEING PERSECUTED!. LOL

I don't believe in any gods, but it does amuse me when someone of one faith hops on and bashes the Pagans or other sects. "They were horrible people, so it was GOOD that we came along and stole their culture, their land, and slaughtered them! God's will!"

Anyway, I don't hold any Catholic responsible for the horrors of the past. They weren't there and their organization has changed. However I do hold current Catholics that teach poor nations that birthcontrol and condems for disease protection are evil. I hold the American Bishops responsible for trying to deny women healthcare coverage for issues that belong solely to women. But not all Catholics support these measures either.

I hate professional sports. I say so often. Won't even go to a game with the best seats and the promise of endless alcohol. Those who love the games don't feel persecuted by me, and I don't think badly of them. But when I say I don't like the Catholic Religion, well that changes everything. Suddenly it's all about hate and persecution. This is silly nonsense.

I also find it amusing when we all sit here and pick apart the history of the WT and it's all good. Oh, but pick apart the history of Christianity, and suddenly there is something fundamentally wrong with that! Again---nonsense. Another amusing thing was one poster made a comment that pagans in the new world practiced human sacrifice, and therefore, it was good that Christians came over and abused them. However that same poster adamantly proclaimed that it has been so many years since the church was responsible for massacreing people in the Inquisition, witch burnings, colonization, etc. Yeah---it's been years. Why don't you give the Pagans the same consideration? Not too many human sacrifices going on today. And of course, human sacrifice was rare even when pagans ruled the land. It certainly only took a tiny fraction of the lives that Christian human sacrifice took. And face it. Chrisitianity is based on human sacrifice---so no need to feel superior.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

NC, I think what you say is funny.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit