By What Authority?

by Orthodox1 183 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Quite the human folly to argue over human ignorance.

Which human ignorance is superior over one and another.

Which human ignorance is truthful above all others.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

<eyeroll>

self awareness? get off it. this entire thread was a circle jerk to convince people that catholicism is the only true way. orthodox1 came into this with the sole prpose of throwing disingenous questions in an effort to convert others. isidore and you joined in. there was no honest intent to talk about why the jws erroneously feel they have some sort of god given authority. the entire purpose of this thread was to force YOUR beliefs onto others.

aka conversion.

to then go looking for persecution is juust plain laughable.

here's a bit of advice. if you want to have an honest debate, try starting the debate in an honest manner. trolling for converts on a message board poplated with people who came out of a clt is not the way to have an honest debate.

to then call agnostics, and i quote, "...just cowards that won't commit to anything..." is sickening.

then you came off with these sets of morally repugnant ASSertions:

(and i quote):

"Maybe paganism was superior to the Bible. When Christopher Columbus arrived in America the Indians were practicing brutal human sacrifices. Maybe they should have been left alone.

Pagan morals are also much more fun than the Christian ones, just don’t expect the same level of spiritual development or even trustworthiness from a temple prostitute, than from a Christian. If you extrapolate this to the type of society they produce, you can see clearly which one is superior to the other."

just think about what YOU said. actually, first, do yourself a favor and read about why mexico didn't allow chrches to own land. try reading about the history of colonialism in africa, central and south america.

really now, you have quite some nerve to thumb your nose at anyone else's clture, bt sit there and claim that you're being harrassed. that's hypocrisy on wtbts standards. you and your fellow catholics don't like my supposed "harrasment"? then perhaps you should show some respect to other people's beliefs and cuultures. give it to get it and you, isidore and orthodox1 are getting EXACTLY what you deserve on this thread. notice how i didn't attack flyinghighnow int the other thread? she didn't come off as some self-righteous jerk who somehow thinks that wiping out the pagans and destroying their cultures and beliefs is a-ok. i trned the guns on you lot after seeing the rather inslting insinuation from isidore, the obvios trolling attempt from orthodox1...whose posting history pretty mch outs him as someone fishing for converts, and that RIDICULOUS statement about pagans by YOU

so if i'm wrong...prove it. you think you have some god given authority? prove it. you think you're religion is better than anyone else's and that peter actually existed...mch less founded the catholic chrch? PROVE IT.

and preferably, prove it before whole groups and people are completely wiped off the face of the earth and tortured for not believing what the pope had to say.

oops...too late on that front

</eyeroll>

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

NC, I think what you say is funny.

How so? Can you be specific? What exactly did I say that was funny? Funny you agree, or funny you disagree? If you disagree, then could you please address it?

NC

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I find Pagan music much more enjoyable than Christian music. It's superior.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WS2XZqVPhI

• NewChapter
  • NewChapter
    NewChapter

OMFSM---it's the DEVIL! It's so good that Christians brought something superior to these poor, backward, primitive, ignorant savages!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWgVi8w8VUQ&feature=related

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

nc, you'll get the basic jw tactic of condescension while running from the discussion tail tcked betwix their legs

it's sad considering your soul might depend on it. i'm pretty sure christ would have lovingly gone point by point proving the truth rather than saying:

"About the rest of your post, you seem a bit confused and I don’t have the time to disprove each and every one of your wrong conclusions."

-apostatethunder

seems kinda the opposite of what christ would have done and isn't that rather...pagan in nature?

also happen to think christ would never have agreed with this statement considering his actions in the bible:

"Maybe paganism was superior to the Bible. When Christopher Columbus arrived in America the Indians were practicing brutal human sacrifices. Maybe they should have been left alone.

Pagan morals are also much more fun than the Christian ones, just don’t expect the same level of spiritual development or even trustworthiness from a temple prostitute, than from a Christian. If you extrapolate this to the type of society they produce, you can see clearly which one is superior to the other."

-apostatethunder

i'd like to mention, my grandmother's family owned a bddhist temple which she was raised on until ww2 when the land was lost. by definition, she was pagan and by definition my family still living in japan is pagan.

now call me crazy, but i take offense to someone saying my family's morals are any less valid than some made up christian ones. i REALLY take offense to someone saying that my family's society is somehow less than a christian society.

to top it off, as someone who leans towards atheism, but geniunely HOPES there's a god/reason/purpose even though rationally there's no reason to believe so, i take offense to someone saying that i'm some sort of "...coward(s) that won't commit to anything..."

very christ-like indeed.

but of course, is that really surprising? the ones who shove christianity in other people's faces tend to be the ones who least live by christian principles, which tend to be rather universal anyway.

-crusades

-witch hunts

-inquisitions

-corruption

-child molestation cover ups (i bet christ REALLY puut his blessing on that one. theocratic warfare on the little ones i'm sure)

-denying equal rights for homosexuals to get married and have equal protection under the law (i'm juust stumped how vanderplatz and all those wishing to deny marriage rights for people of a different sexual orientation can somehow claim to be DEFENDING marriage, when they themselves have divorced and married mltiple times while allegedly demanding his wife enter into an open marriage. wait...isn't newt catholic? lolz)

-the rampant racism

-the justification for wars, colonialism and slavery

yea....paganism is pure evil and christianity is a shining beacon on a hill

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

Rbih, you don’t sound very Japanese or Buddhist-like to me.

I will now move on to another thread, please stop mentioning me and repeating yourself over and over again.

Good luck with your pagan beliefs.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

hey---I have a cousin that studied to be a shaman in the Cherokee tradition. I have a good friend who is Wiccan. I LOVE pagan drum circles. Now I don't believe any of that stuff, but to have some pompous poster hop on board and say their way is superior, and those I love have worse morals than the church that brought us blood and death, but we shouldn't mention that, it is crazy to me.

As to the definition of agnostic. I don't like it when people call agnostics wishy-washy or cowardly. They are being honest. No particular stand NEEDS to be taken. There are no requirements. I prefer the explanation that the Devil himself give, Richard Dawkins. Again, just skim if you have read this before.

He puts belief on a scale of 1 to 7. 1 are god believers with no doubts. 7 or those that don't believe in a god, absolutely no doubt. The agnostics fall between. Some give the idea of a god more of a likeliehood than others. Dawkins puts himself at a 6.9. That pretty much where I am, although I started out at around 6.2. In other words, I do not expect evidence to ever show up to prove there is a god. I think it is as likely as discovering unicorns. However if unicorns are ever discovered, I have left open the remote possiblity and will investigate the evidence. I feel the same about god. So Hades, you may just be somewhere else on the scale. There is no shame in that.

NC

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Let's talk about Apostatethunder now!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit