By What Authority?

by Orthodox1 183 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

double post

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

rofl...the acconts of how slave ships were packed by YOU CHRISTIANS is FACTUAL

how about you go and do some research first.

better yet...let me help you out some

click me!

click me as well!

click me and learn something!

yes those pagans were SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better off with your christianity

Maybe paganism was superior to the Bible. When Christopher Columbus arrived in America the Indians were practicing brutal human sacrifices. Maybe they should have been left alone.
    Pagan morals are also much more fun than the Christian ones, just don’t expect the same level of spiritual development or even trustworthiness from a temple prostitute, than from a Christian. If you extrapolate this to the type of society they produce, you can see clearly which one is superior to the other.

middle passage horrors thank you christians, we pagans thank you for all your loving kindness

now tell me, how proud would christ be?

and before you even THINK of trying to pin all those vile and disgusting atrocities on just protestants and baptists

most of the slaves went to CATHOLIC countries.

is peter rolling in his grave nder the basilica? wait...is peter even under the basilica?

better yet...did peter even exist?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

triple post

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

are you awaiting the hate as well nc? i sure am. got some popcorn ready in fact

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Hades,

It was suggested that I do my research. I'm a history buff, so I did some research. If we are talking about the same Elisabeth (there were many), but specifically Queen consort of Spain (I don't think they ever had simply a Queen Elizabeth) then she was alive during the slave trade. Now it is possible that it started up just after her death (I'd have to compare specific years again) however even in that case it is not CENTURIES as has been claimed. But I believe she did live concurrently with the Atlantic Slave Trade.

Elisabeth 2 April 1545 to 3 Oct. 1568

Some sources put the Atlantic Slave Trade as starting in the 1400's rather than later. And there is also the possiblity that the trade was going on for quite a while, without the designation Atlantic Slave Trade, or the exact form of that Trade, but slave trading none-the-less.

I haven't taken a bunch of time with this. I can actually grab my college history text from last year (forgot to trade it in). I know for sure it was covered there, and it is a trusted source.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

Rbih, there is plenty of information in internet if you have the time to look for it.

Come back to me when you have discovered who were the main traffickers and the buyers.

NC, you don’t need your school book, even wikipedia can tell you how many Queen Elizabeths Spain had and if they had any part in the slave trade.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

are you kidding or are you joking? i honestly can't tell because you're so far from the honest truth that it's amazing. you clearly don't have aclue about what you're talking about here.

a non-white washed history book would do you some good

again, the BIBLE IS NOT A HISTORY BOOK

good lord where's that face palm picture when you need it?

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

Rbih, you are right, the Bible is not a history book. For some people it is much more than that, for others it is nothing. Respect those for whom it is, that’s all.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

NC, you don’t need your school book, even wikipedia can tell you how many Queen Elizabeths Spain had and if they had any part in the slave trade.

Well I found one, and she lived during the Atlantic Slave Trade. So what was your issue? You are the one that called foul. If I found the wrong information, correct me. As I said, I did not give it much time. But you were the one sagely telling others not to believe what they have been told and they should research. So I researched your comment, and it would appear that you are the one distributing false information---but I'm not 100% sure. If I am wrong, please direct me to the some other facts. You seem to just make a lot of unsupported statements with no real support. This may or may not be one of those times, but if you continue to not support your answer, I will lean more heavily on the opinion that your original comment was simply wrong----while you were counseling others to use your wrong information to learn something.

Did she have part in the slave trade? That was not the original claim. Your claim was that she was potrayed as playing with dolls while the slave trade was in progress, and that was impossible because she lived CENTURIES before such trade. I'm asking you to support your statement. I will allow for the possiblity that I have the wrong Elisabeth---but I would still suspect that CENTURIES is probably not accurate.

NC

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades
    Rbih, you are right, the Bible is not a history book. For some people it is much more than that, for others it is nothing. Respect those for whom it is, that’s all.

i'm sorry are YOU saying respect other beliefs???

Maybe paganism was superior to the Bible. When Christopher Columbus arrived in America the Indians were practicing brutal human sacrifices. Maybe they should have been left alone.
    Pagan morals are also much more fun than the Christian ones, just don’t expect the same level of spiritual development or even trustworthiness from a temple prostitute, than from a Christian. If you extrapolate this to the type of society they produce, you can see clearly which one is superior to the other.

want to explain that? i mean, that's soooooooooo respectful aint it? incredibly christian too i might add.

actually, considering the history of christianity, it very much is the christian thing to say. thank you for letting me know that my pagan ancestors in africa and my pagan relatives in japan have less morals, less spiritual development and are the equivalent of temple prostitutes. oh and that last bit about superiority...yea...respectful.

i love how you and your cronies had that wonderful circle jerk to agree on the veracity of the catcholic church being the ONE TRUE CHURCH. y'all say so and it MUST be true right? i mean...peter's down there somewhere so you say...

had you lot not said such dispicable and disgusting things, i never would have bothered on this little crusade of mine. figured i'd try and be a li'l christian like the catholics as y'all are superior to us nonbelieving heathens.

give respect and receive it twice fold. judge not lest ye be judged and all them other fairytales from the old and new testament

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit