To the Household of God, Israel, and Those Who God With...

by AGuest 137 Replies latest jw friends

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Oh and I forgot to add that I'm truly sorry for any offence I may have caused, that was not my intent. Since you don't want me to express myself to you anymore Sab, I wish you a very happy life.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Well...not exactly. It's more that, speaking only for myself, I can't respect anyone's line of thought that claims, authoritatively, to know what others are thinking, feeling, why they are doing things when they have absolutely no knowledge, experience training or personal contact about the person they are discussing. I can't respect reasoning that claim they are right, end of story because a voice they call god talked to them in their head and any evidence to the contrary is wrong. I can't respect the short circuiting of thought that happens when people use "Because Jesus" as a reason for whatever thing pops into their head and they think Jesus told them.

Respect a believer's passion and candor and you will make a friend. Disrespect the person because of their belief and you will make an enemy.

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I am allowed to have an opinion and so are you.

Of course we are.

Shebly is not spiteful that's just your wrong interpretation of the entirety of her stay with us here.

And then you try to deny me my opinion. How not nice and very inconsistent of you.

The rationalists on the other hand don't admit the jealousy and therefore it festers and continues to manifest in their behavior unabated.

You have yet to demonstrate, other than your assertion without evidence or training, that anyone is jealous. Assertion rejected.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Oh and I forgot to add that I'm truly sorry for any offence I may have caused, that was not my intent. Since you don't want me to express myself to you anymore Sab, I wish you a very happy life.

I know it wasn't your intent or I would have spoken up about it earlier. You are a very caring person and you have helped a lot of people on this forum and I suspect in your real life too. The rationalists don't want to be regarded as heartless and unemotional so they make effort to try to be friendly with believers. However great care should be taken when attempting this for obvious reasons. You are dealing with thoughts and feelings that people hold dear. Sometimes it's better to not say anything than try to be friendly while remaining true to a personal strong opposing opinion about something so utterly important to someone's life. It's extremely painful for me to have my ideas reduced to science fiction because they are not that to me in the slightest. To call a set of beliefs fiction can be a heartless thing to say. Great care is required. I really think a lot of you, Poopsie, I don't want you to think I don't.

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Respect a believer's passion and candor and you will make a friend. Disrespect the person because of their belief and you will make an enemy.

Non sequitur. You are mixing respecting a person's belief with disrepecting the person themselves. One does not equal the other.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    And then you try to deny me my opinion. How not nice and very inconsistent of you.

I deny your assertion that Shebly is a spiteful person. When defending one's self spite can manifest, but that doesn't mean they are a spiteful person. I have studied the rationalists conversations with Shebly and it seems apparent that there is more than meets the eye. Keeping account of injury is a symptom of jealousy.

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I deny your assertion that Shebly is a spiteful person.

Sorry, that's my opinion, you said I have a right to it, you can't take it away. Just playing by your rules here, Sab.

Keeping account of injury is a symptom of jealousy.

Sorry, I reject that assertion. You are not allowed to have it.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

We no longer live in the Dark Ages where one must conform or be burned at the stake. I go out of my way to respect fundamentalist believers. There is no ultimate judge on which belief is correct. Believers, though, just can't expect to be adulated without posting any reasons for their belief. Blind belief with no explanation does not add to conversations. Explain why you personally believe. Merely asserting belief indicates that you are too weak in faith to articulate why you believe. You don't get a free ride by asserting your beliefs. I have never objected to belief, only the assertion that we are not chosen by God and, therefore, outside his grace. I do have faith. My God and his leading apostles had visions. St. Francis had stigmata. C.S. Lewis and Thomas Merton speak to my soul, as does Madeleine L'Engle. The dispute is not belief or disbelief but grandstanding. In other words, belief is not disputed but aggression and being disrepectful to others is very objectionable. So what if someone does not agree with you. Jesus had many detractors. Why not show that you are secure in your beliefs? Fundamentalists posting does not bother my faith. Faith should not be so fragile. The Holy Spirit should be with you. Paul wrote in a famous quote that we are fools for Christ. Belief is utter folly. Abrogating God is ignorant and tacky. Let him who has never sinned throw the first stand. Before you claim that nonfundamentalists or regular Christians or others are disruptrive, your hands should be clean. I see that both parties are guilty. It is not one sided as you allege. We should all be more tolerant. You can't always preach to the choir. This is a discussion form not a choir rehearsal.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Non sequitur. You are mixing respecting a person's belief with disrepecting the person themselves. One does not equal the other.

This type of statement shows how the atheist world view affects your understanding of other people and their environment. To you belief is apart from the person, but that's only because you don't stray from a scientific explanation for everything including belief itself. You don't have the data nor the understanding of the human brain to make this conclusion or judgement. Faith can be said to not be apart from the person and many people of faith would testify to this. The reason why I am jealous of non believers is because I cannot not believe. I have tried and there seems to be some form of invisible resistance. Faith can be predisposed by some unknown factor and therefore attacking someone's faith can be the same as attacking the person. Some people do not have the predisposition and therefore can cast faith aside for the rest of their lives. Those people hold the opinion that faith and person are separate because they believe they have the evidence to support that notion.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sorry, that's my opinion, you said I have a right to it, you can't take it away. Just playing by your rules here, Sab.

I didn't take your opinion away. You do know that's impossible right?

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit