To the Household of God, Israel, and Those Who God With...

by AGuest 137 Replies latest jw friends

• elderelite
    elderelite

Hmmmm..... I wonder how jesus would have reacted if people had told him he was being rude to them.... Would he have called them servants of satan and walked away in a huff...?

Of course some may sarcastically say that shelby dosent follow christ, she follows and talks to that jehusha whatumacallhim, but you get my drift. for someone who throws as many barbs as her to get all bent out of shape because there was a call for her to stop being rude and simply speak with others as equals as opossed to talking down to them is really facinating to see when you reread it all.

For the record im glad she found her pup, but it raises another question in my mind... I can not find any instances of her ever apolgizing. Admittidly i havent read every post she ever made, but i have through quiet a few. Time after time when called on something outrageous she simply refers to jehusha and says take it up with him. So i wonder... When she decides to grace us again with her precence, after having her puppy come home and having some time to cool off and the emotions of a few days ago settled down... Will she offer a word of repentance for her little tirade ? Will she even see the need to feel a small portion of regret?

My money is on no. She will justify and stand by her words, reasoning that her anger could never be misplaced, back by jehusha as she is. It will be interesting to see and i hope im wrong. But likley not.

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

@EE

Shelby has apologised on quite a few occassions and not neccessarily because she was at fault. She will apologise so as not to stumble any of the body of Christ, infact she will apoloogise so as not to stumble others who may be searching for ...well whatever they are searching for at the time. She really is a great person and I feel her treatment is uncalled for. I have mentioned mob mentality on this board because it does happen, it's not the first time, I doubt it will be the last.

Some who know Shelby came to her defense, then they received some nasty treatment too, even Tec who is known for her gentleness got slammed.

Shelby is respected and loved. She has brought much to this forum and is missed when she leaves for whatever reason. It may shock you all but the girl does have a wonderful life away from this board.

Anyhooo I have a pile of ironing to do and I think I'm typing away so as to avoid doing it.

Please have peace

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    Please have peace

What condescending rubbish.

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

@ BP Actually I meant it from my heart. Can you ever be nice????????

• elderelite
    elderelite

Noble, i appreciate you taking a moment to respond. Please be asured that your wishes for peace in my life are answered daily and i thank you for the well wishes. As i said, i certainly have not read everything shelby has written and very easily could have missed such an ocassion.

I would however point out that when discussion takes place and differing points of view are offered such are not attacks. I dont recall tec being attacked at all. Differing points of view for sure and certainly hard feelings, but i dont think attack is the right word for reasonable people disagreeing. And i whole heartedlyi agree that tec is very much a reasonable woman with a mild sprit.

My interest though was more along the lines of an apology after she loses her cool, taking responsiblity totally, not 'if i offended im sorry but its the truth' type thing. Not to stir contention and really time will tell the matter in fullness, just the mental wanderings of a dull witted thor worshipper.

• xchange
    xchange

As an observer of these certain kind of threads, I have one thing to say: If you have an established persona on an online forum - expect for people to respond to that persona.

It doesn’t matter who or what you are in the real world, all people see is what you are typing out on the forum. Just because several people know this person in real life and see something totally different means absolutely nothing here.

If I come across as an arrogant megalomaniac, I will expect any comments towards me to reflect that persona. Why would I be surprised that would be the case? Why would any so-called supporter of mine be surprised if that were the case?

Character references from other users, in my opinion, are useless. You can only respond to what you read online. If you feel this is unfair, then all the poster has to do is pay closer attention to what he/she is typing. As for the supporters of said poster, don’t conflate your real world knowledge of this person with the forum persona. They are in actuality, two different people.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Well AG called me damaged---possibly in childhood. She called me other things too. It was in response to a post that did not attack her personally, but addressed some of the other insults she flung at other. I understand that some people think she is just absolutely wonderful, which makes me conclude they support her calling me damaged and so forth. Perhaps we challenged Tec because she does have a reputation for being gentle and loving. Perhaps our challenges were hurt responses to how she ignored some of the nasty things being said to us, but never hesitated to point out things said against AG. Perhaps they were a reaction to her fully and lovingly supporting a woman that came after us personally. Maybe we expected more of her, and that's why we questioned her. I have learned that it doesn't matter. She does not disagree with AG, therefore I must be quite damaged in her eyes, and that's okay too. At least I know now. So excuse me if I don't pat you on the back and say I know you love AG, we just have a difference of opinion. I would do that as quickly as I would do so to someone that witnessed a person hit another person in the face, and then pat the aggressor on the back and say, "Oh, you are so wonderful---people just don't understand you!" Yeah--I would pretty much judge that loving friend that patted my attacker exactly as I would judge the attacker. Does that mean you can't love AG? No, of course not. But that also doesn't mean you pat her on the back when she is being vicious either---and then acting all surprised when people take offense to that. I found how it all played out quite disgusting, and truly, it made Christianity appear all that more distasteful in my eyes. Stay neutral, or stand up to both parties for unacceptable behavior. Point out the attacks of one while supporting the attacks of the other is just very weak. NC

• cofty
    cofty

I miss Shelby's help with the task of exposing theism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit