To the Household of God, Israel, and Those Who God With...

by AGuest 137 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Bzzzzz.

• sizemik
    sizemik

. <----------------------------- flyspot

• Witness My Fury
  • Chariklo
    Chariklo

What was the point of Shelby's remarks about flies?

That she found certain people irritating?

There were many things about her posts that I found objectionable, but none more so than calling people flies.

Very amusing picture, Witness!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

If we are the flies, then quite clearly Shelby is the turd in the swimming pool we are drawn to. I imagine her Lord told her so.

• still thinking
  • cofty
    cofty

What was the point of Shelby's remarks about flies?

She was accusing us of being followers of Satan aka Beelzebub "The Lord of the Flies"

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need an incredulous, astonished smiley!

That's APPALLING!!!!!!!!!!

• cofty
    cofty

Think about the disgusting sight of thousands of flies that would be attracted to the blood and decaying flesh at the Tabernacle and later the Temple in the heat of the Middle East and how offensive these flies would be to the pious Jew. There was nothing humorous or affectionate about Shelby's reference.

It was easy for the heathen Semites, according to Lagrange, to come to conceive of the flies troubling the sacrifice as images of spirits hovering around with no right to be there; and so Beelzebub, the god who drove away the flies, became the prince of demons in whose name the devils were exorcised from the bodies of the possessed. - Catholic Encyclopedia
  • Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Told ya she is passive-aggressive in her posts if you actually read what she posts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit