To the Household of God, Israel, and Those Who God With...

by AGuest 137 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hm, I don't think Palm meant it in the way you think Elder but it was a good choice of words.

Hey Palm *waves*

• sabastious
    sabastious
    He dosent know what of charlie! Its not sab's job to identify what they could be jealous of, its only his job to make a vauge attack and le tit stand unquestioned! Keep up please

I cannot indentify the specifcs, I am not a mind reader. However I feel the truth of the matter should be at least pointed out. It's very simple: Shebly didn't deserve the treatment she was handed out therefore there is something more going on and it's jealousy that runs deep. Back in the old days people would burn women because they thought they were witches. A lot of the senseless death was fueled by jealousy. Instead of dealing with the internal struggle that someone else's actions are bringing to the forefront in the rationalist's mind they just form a mob and start the hunt. Humanity has had to deal with the actions of jealous people for eons.

-Sab

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Sometimes Sab an arse is just an arse and you don't need to psychoanalyse it - one sniff is enough.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    Dislike taken to the extremes that some have taken denotes jealousy from within. It's fine to dislike, but when it becomes an obsession there is more than meets the eye. The reasons for jealousy are personal and mysterious, but just because the reasoning is transparent doesn't mean jealousy cannot be indentified.
    -Sab

Weeeelll, I think there has to be something to be jealous of, don't you?

I can't for the life of me see anything to be jealous of there.

Nor will I take personal offence at the things she said to me. I can quite well take on board that someone probably has a different personality offline than online...for instance, I very much doubt that elderelite actually looks like Morpheus...but surely there ought to be some norms for civilised behaviour?

It's not the use of "dear one" and "peace on you", per se, on their own. It's the juxtaposition of such terms with what so often follows.

Hard to stomach.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Oh Sab. Sab Sab Sab. What you see as jealousy is actually more along the lines of pity. Not condescending pity, just a sadness and frustration that otherwise very intelligent people still feel the need to cling to superstition and make believe spirits. Coming to the realization that those spirits actually don't exist after all is extremely freeing and makes a person realize that they don't need to cling to those beliefs in order to be loving, kind and generous to other fellow humans. Calling it jealousy is exactly what it's not. Nobody who challenged Shelby is in any way jealous of her and the discussions that started out (way way back) as reasonable and measured using logic and critical thinking were spurned and things got ugly. She's only human, you know and as such should have apologized and been accountable for some things she said instead of falling back on the voices in her head as justification. I actually like Shelby very much and I'm sorry to see her go, but it got to the point where she had backed herself into a serious corner and desperately needed a break. A break can be very healthy and I think we could all use one at times. Forest and trees and all of that...

• elderelite
    elderelite

Ok sab, so just so im clear... You agreed with my assesment... Its not your place to actually have a considered and well thought out pov, you make a statment and trust it will be accepted?

I may have missed it jonsey, thor knows my ribs hurt and my eyes are watering from the sillyness, but it looked to me like palmie was lobing shelb's words spoken to palmie when she left back at her now that shelby is leaving... Did i misunderstand?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I don't claim to be a brilliant psychoanalyst that's just your analysis of my posts.

Actually, it was more like sarcasm. I am relatively certain you once claimed to NC to be at least good (i'll retract brilliant) at analysis, even though you had no training or education in it.

All attacks that Shebly gave were in defense of herself.

Patently untrue. She attacked EE without provocation, for one.

For you, of all people, to scold someone else for relentlessly attacking is incredibly hypocritical.

Oh, now, Sab, we are under a truce. I don't want to have to bring up your lies, libel, attacks, etc. I am going to be the bigger and better man and let that one slide.

The reason why the rationalists didn't "let it go" with Shebly is because they are jealous of her faith and what it gives her. They wish they had the unity that the believers on this forum do, but our love is forged in faith. Which is something the rationalists consider to be "mind rot."

Actually, rather than jealousy, it's scary as hell that people live their life based on voices in their head rather than having an ounce of curiosity and looking at things. I DO think it's mind rot, not to have faith or beleive in God, but to use that as an excuse to short circuit thought, curiosity, thinking and finding things out.

Just so we are clear, I, speaking only for myself, am not in any way jealous of yours, Shelby's or anyone else's faith. I don't want. I reject it. It is anathema to the way I do and want to live. Why would I be jealous of it? Why would I want unity if that unity is based on what I consider to be a lie and a fantasy?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sometimes Sab an arse is just an arse and you don't need to psychoanalyse it - one sniff is enough.

You are wrong my friend. Shebly is very complex and judging her at first glance will always yield incorrect results.

Weeeelll, I think there has to be something to be jealous of, don't you?

I believe they to be jealous of Shebly's faith. She believes in angel and demon dragons and she doesn't shy away from explaining why that is so. It's inspiring to see someone as genuine as Shebly. The rationalists have to lean on science and data which is not a thousandth as interesting as being Shelby. The rationalists don't want Shebly's faith, they want the strength that it gives her. That's why they attack because they want to see her spirit broken because it's so strong. It's like hunting down big game for them, but they cannot ever pin her down no matter how hard they try. That's what they are jealous of, but the reasoning why she strikes a specific chord within them is personal and mysterious even to them.

Oh Sab. Sab Sab Sab. What you see as jealousy is actually more along the lines of pity. Not condescending pity, just a sadness and frustration that otherwise very intelligent people still feel the need to cling to superstition and make believe spirits. Coming to the realization that those spirits actually don't exist after all is extremely freeing and makes a person realize that they don't need to cling to those beliefs in order to be loving, kind and generous to other fellow humans. Calling it jealousy is exactly what it's not. Nobody who challenged Shelby is in any way jealous of her and the discussions that started out (way way back) as reasonable and measured using logic and critical thinking were spurned and things got ugly. She's only human, you know and as such should have apologized and been accountable for some things she said instead of falling back on the voices in her head as justification. I actually like Shelby very much and I'm sorry to see her go, but it got to the point where she had backed herself into a serious corner and desperately needed a break. A break can be very healthy and I think we could all use one at times. Forest and trees and all of that...

What you feel as pity is actually something else entirely because it's impossible to pity someone who doesn't deserve it. Pity is something you give to someone who is in over their heads and are suffering for it. Shebly doesn't suffer here and it took a lot for her to post a leaving thread. Your choice to pity her is telling to how you truly feel about the situation which may even be transparent to you. You don't get to define who should be pitied and who should not. I think you and the rationalists on this forum have acted in a deplorable manner towards Shelby. It makes my stomach hurt actually. It didn't have to be this way and that's why I say something is up and it's definitely jealousy. It's so thick that I don't expect a single person to own up to it. Many years from now in reflection the culprits might see the situation more clearly, but right now they will just be happy she's gone and feel sad about the fabricated embarrasment they project onto a person more powerful than themselves.

-Sab

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Sabastious

Shebly is very complex and judging her at first glance will always yield incorrect results.

That's probably true of everyone. I'm not judging her as a person. I don't know her as a person. What is unpleasant is her behsaviour on the board.

I think a lot of the trouble is because the people who know her in person clearly see many qualities, but those who know her only on the forum can only know her through her posts here.

And some of those are just plain nasty.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Rotfl!!! Its the gift that keeps giving! Glad to see you ignored my assesment, thereby giving tacit acknowledgment that you dont think anything through you simply type a random thought and hit "send". Ill leave you alone sab so you dont have to go to your room and cry to jehusha with shelby... Or picard (who is a real live person with thoughts and dna according to you)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit