To the Household of God, Israel, and Those Who God With...

by AGuest 137 Replies latest jw friends

• elderelite
    elderelite

Im not sure what the consternation is about. Shes not banned. She can come back anytime she wants and no doubt will.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Aguest, your humor takes awhile to get. Many still haven't figured out that your whole act is ....an act, a gag, similar to EE and Thor.

And just as a ventriloquist stays in character while operating his manequin, I have little doubt that both you and EE will stay in character and deny the reality of your posts.

If you don't come back, thanks for the fun.

• designs
    designs

OTWO- Nice

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

OnTheWayOut, Thor isn't a gag.

He's been in aciton all over the place here, thunder, lightning, torrential rain and floods. I wouldn't want to displease him, myself.

• EntirelyPossible
  • NewChapter
    NewChapter

Interesting---all the conflict, the insults, the angry people were for a joke? Well if that is true, that's lovely. But EE's devotion to Thor cannot be put into the same category! That's real and absolutely no joke.

• elderelite
    elderelite

What the duce?????? You think my Thor worship.... Is a joke? Sorry otwo, but i can no longer wish you peace. Thor worship is seious buissness and i have sent here to call the lost ones back to the house of valhalla. If you an issue with it take it up wot my lord and not with me.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

Still Thinking: " there are more believers out there that need her help converting to atheism"

This is actually true in my case. AG is as equally responsible for opening my eyes through the years as people like cofty, qcmbr, "them," et al.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I have no clue as to what the two statements in the previous post mean. No one needs her help. I would assert that belief or disbelief is not so much a rational one but based on the temperament we possess at birth. It is unfair to frame the debate as between believers and unbelievers. Posing the debate in this manner gives too much credence to what most call believers. Belief is not the norm and atheism the exception. Both deal with belief.

I am certain that she drives most people away from belief. One can believe without being an attention whore. It is scary that she has such a fan base here. I expect her defenders are more vocal than opponents. Shelby must have a very different personality when you know her personally. She once dropped her idiot routine and posted a very eloquent and reasonable post concerning low income housing. It was very compassionate and concerned with other people. It was very insightful.

Again, I do not argue with her concerning her belief. My argument has always been the manner and gimminck she uses. Indeed, many posters here are much better at presenting a crazy spirit view. Others present a coherent explanation of the validity of personal spiritual revelation. Shelby is not unique in her assertions. Most mainstream Christian religions believe n personal revelation. I was going to argue that revelation was present at Pentecost. Shelby asserts revelation received privately. Pentecost happened in the framework of a community. Quakers believe in personal enlightenment. Clearly, it is a strand of Christianity that is worthy of respect.

No one was an attention whore at Pentecost, however. Too much focus on personal revelation draws us apart from each other. How does one resolve who is truly hearing God? Dueling seems unChristian. Christ draws us into community. He spoke of church in the several people sense.

• watersprout
    watersprout
    I am certain that she drives most people away from belief.

Certain are you? Ok then *rolls eyes skyward*

One can believe without being an attention whore.

Now now that's just not nice... Would you like someone calling you an attention whore? Shelby isn't even on here anymore yet non of you can let it go! Seriously move on!

It is scary that she has such a fan base here.

Not a fan base, just her ones who love her dearly. Big difference.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit