To the Household of God, Israel, and Those Who God With...

by AGuest 137 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious

Hello Shelby, I am very sorry for the events that have transpired here and I hate to see you go. What's happened to you on this forum is a clear case of jealousy on the parts of your critics. Many on this forum are nailed to the ground with their own rationalism. These rationalists hate your faith and are actually jealous of it because it's so strong. They no longer have any and their souls yearn for the faith they once held dear, but instead of walking towards the light they wage war with it. They demean the faithful and many go down, but you never will. What makes you so special is your perseverence in love. However, the gauntlet that the rationalists put you through would always have eventually broken you. They baited you into fighting with them and then used those circumstances against you. They threw sand in your eyes and called it a fair fight. When you fought back they never forgot and used it against you even though they have done nothing but pervasively demean you. Jealousy is tenacious.

Just know that when I came here my faith was weak and you helped it become strong again. I will always be greatful for that for the rest of my life. You are an inspiration and a shining light in the darkness and I wish you the very best.

Love,

-Alex (Sab)

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    What's happened to you on this forum is a clear case of jealousy on the parts of your critics.

Jealousy? JEALOUSY!? WTF are you smoking?

Why would any of us athiests be Jealous of someone who exhibits clear signs of mental imbalance? Get a freakin grip FFS.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Jealousy? Hardly, Sab. Please don't project emotions onto others when you can't possibly have any way or not of know if your projections are true. You are doing the same thing Shelby is, except you claim you are are a brilliant psychoanalyst whereas the voice in Shelby's head whispers it to her. Shelby maligned many people on this forum and relentlessly attacked others using whatever shred she thought might poke at them and did it all under the guise of peace and love from God.

You may defend her all you like, but the circumstances are plain for all to see.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Sabastious

What's happened to you on this forum is a clear case of jealousy on the parts of your critics. Many on this forum are nailed to the ground with their own rationalism. These rationalists hate your faith and are actually jealous of it because it's so strong. They no longer have any and their souls yearn for the faith they once held dear, but instead of walking towards the light they wage war with it. They demean the faithful and many go down, but you never will. What makes you so special is your perseverence in love. However, the gauntlet that the rationalists put you through would always have eventually broken you. They baited you into fighting with them and then used those circumstances against you. They threw sand in your eyes and called it a fair fight. When you fought back they never forgot and used it against you even though they have done nothing but pervasively demean you. Jealousy is tenacious.

Not everyone who doesn't like Shelby's habit/modus operandi of mixing sickly sweetness as in "dear one" and "peace to you" with extremely unpleasant and nasty behaviours are "rationalists", though they may well be rational.

Such people may very well have a strong and deep faith, and still dislike the behaviour we've seen in the thread that apparently prompted Shelby to start this one. And the fact that Shelby has a faith should in no way justify an attitude that can with equanimiity call other individuals here on this board "flies". It's not that people care about that; I doubt if anyone cares at all. It's an attitude that can so dehumanise another human being. It's disgusting.

Like others, I'm guessing Shelby'll be back in one guise or another, and sooner rather than later.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Why would any of us athiests be Jealous of someone who exhibits clear signs of mental imbalance? Get a freakin grip FFS.

For a variety of reasons. It's hard to tell, but the jealousy is definitely there. It's a mysterious human trait.

Jealousy? Hardly, Sab. Please don't project emotions onto others when you can't possibly have any way or not of know if your projections are true. You are doing the same thing Shelby is, except you claim you are are a brilliant psychoanalyst whereas the voice in Shelby's head whispers it to her. Shelby maligned many people on this forum and relentlessly attacked others using whatever shred she thought might poke at them and did it all under the guise of peace and love from God.

I don't claim to be a brilliant psychoanalyst that's just your analysis of my posts. All attacks that Shebly gave were in defense of herself. It doesn't take a psychologist to see that it just takes paying attention. For you, of all people, to scold someone else for relentlessly attacking is incredibly hypocritical. The reason why the rationalists didn't "let it go" with Shebly is because they are jealous of her faith and what it gives her. They wish they had the unity that the believers on this forum do, but our love is forged in faith. Which is something the rationalists consider to be "mind rot." Instead of seeing the beauty contained within the bonds of love the rationalists look to undermine and ridicule. It's childish and will only serve to regress personal growth.

Not everyone who doesn't like Shelby's habit/modus operandi of mixing sickly sweetness as in "dear one" and "peace to you" with extremely unpleasant and nasty behaviours.

The rationalists on this forum grasp at straws when trying to find dirt on Shelby. The best they can do is point out every emotional spurt that she degrades to after being relentlessly persued. They wait until she is tired and then they pounce. It's painful to watch a group of respectable adults act like a pack of hyenas. That's why I call it jealousy because it's a process of elimination. It's the most reasonable explanation for a very complex situation.

Take the rationalist's irritation with her language for instance. They have such a weak internal constitution as to allow something like using the word "peace" to get to them. They can't just identify it for what it is they have to assign some fabricated malcious intent to it. All the while completely ignoring the fact that she uses the terms in every post to every person. She has time and time again explained why she does it, but her critics are not interested in explanation they just want her out of their discussions. They ran her out of town and they will say that it didn't happen. These are the actions of bitter jealous people, there is no other suitable explanation.

-Sab

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Maybe it will help if you read back the advice you gave me?

Palm, dear, dear Palm... the greatest of love and peace to you! Girl, GIRL... surely you can handle that folks "see" things differently all the time? You know you, dear one... and what you mean/infer/intend. This stuff DOESN'T MATTER... not enough to let it run you away. YOU choose to leave because YOU'VE had enough, need to move on, have other things to do, what have you. But not because someone has disagreed with you, hurt you, accused in a manner you believe to be false. Girl, that happens to me ALL the time! People should have the freedom to think, believe, and see as they will... even if you don't think, believe, or see it as they do. I know it's hard when folks move past arguing against/attacking the thought, believe, viewpoint... to attacking the person (or what FEELS like attacking). But... stand your ground, girl! Just as many here love you as [you perceive] might not. So what? Let 'em eat cake!

• elderelite
    elderelite

Game, set and match to plamie, courtsey of shelby's own words.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    Take the rationalist's irritation with her language for instance. They have such a weak internal constitution as to allow something like using the word "peace" to get to them. They can't just identify it for what it is they have to assign some fabricated malcious intent to it.

You don't think people dislike the use of the word peace in a piece of writing that is anything but peaceful?

You don't think that, rather than assigning some malicious intent to it, they feel a marked sense of disataste? Speaking personally, I don't find Shelby's use of "peace" and "dear one" in the context of her forum writing as malicious, but snce it is so often followed by ostensibly malicious attacks on individuals I do find it insincere and very distasteful.

In what sense do you think that those who dislike her behaviour as described above are jealous? What do you think they could possibly be jealous of?

• elderelite
    elderelite

He dosent know what of charlie! Its not sab's job to identify what they could be jealous of, its only his job to make a vauge attack and le tit stand unquestioned! Keep up please

• sabastious
    sabastious
    You don't think that, rather than assigning some malicious intent to it, they feel a marked sense of disataste? Speaking personally, I don't find Shelby's use of "peace" and "dear none" in the context of her forum writing as malicious, but snce it is so often followed by ostensibly malicious attacks on individuals I do find it insincere and very distasteful.

You are ignoring the fact that she does it with every post. It's a personal dialect. It's perfectly understandable to be irritated, but it goes beyond that. The rationalists let such a small thing get to them to a point well beyond reason. She is not insincere because you think so. In fact Shelby is the most sincere person I have ever met and not just online. You are just having a hard time understanding the dialect.

In what sense do you think that those who dislike her behaviour as described above are jealous. What do you think they could possibly be jealous of?

Dislike taken to the extremes that some here have taken denotes jealousy from within. It's fine to dislike, but when it becomes an obsession there is more than meets the eye. The reasons for jealousy are personal and mysterious, but just because the reasoning is transparent doesn't mean jealousy cannot be indentified.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit