Do Pedophiles deserve sympathy?

by purplesofa 149 Replies latest members adult

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Wow, I can't believe some of you are suggesting this is all in the genes.

STOP making excuses for these people.

If it were one of your kids or siblings who were abused, would you be analyzing the reasons why and looking into the monster's childhood to see what went wrong?

Why don't you watch the movie Trust released last year to see how calculating these monsters are

http://blog.trustmovie2011.com/

Why Parents and Teens Must Watch TRUST

By Denise Terry, Chief Safety Mom for SafetyWeb

Ask any parent of a teenage girl what their worst nightmare is, and it’s likely you’ll come up with something similar to the script for the new movie ‘Trust’. Directed by David Schwimmer (formerly “Ross” from Friends), ‘Trust’ touches on the very serious topic of responsible use of social networks by children and how ‘disconnected’ parents can become from the inner life of their teenager. In the movie, fourteen-year-old teen Annie meets a boy on a social network who turns out to be not who he says he is. After months of communicating on the Internet and by phone, the two agree to meet in a public place without her parents’ knowledge. After the boy is revealed to be more than twice her age, a confused and shocked Annie becomes the victim of a sexual assault – a parent’s worst nightmare. The fallout from the event includes the victim being harassed by her classmates, the pain and anger felt by her parents, and scrutiny of what others perceived to be bad parenting decisions.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

SixofNine,

Your comment is SICK.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

First comes tolerance, then acceptance, then....

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

LadyLee,

Thank you for your candid view, I was beginning to think I was the only one here who felt that way.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

LadyLee,

Your post was difficult to read.

I am sorry. I can't imagine.

purps

• AGuest
    AGuest

I guess I just don't get it, other than perhaps some are basing their comments on the title of the thread vs. the article (peace to you, all!). In that light, I would like to ask the following of any who wish to consider them/respond so that maybe I can "see" more clearly:

1. Do you think all pedophiles are child molesters (i.e., do you think all pedophiles carry through on their desires)? Yes or no.

a. If you answered yes, what do you think society should about such ones? At what age/point?

b. If you answered no, do you think those who believe they are/might be... but have not yet acted on it... should get help to deal with their urges? Yes or no.

(1) If you answered no, why do you think they shouldn't?

(2) If you answered yes, do you think such ones (those who have not acted upon their urges) should be able to come out to and get such help from, say, doctors, therapists, crisis interventionalists, etc., without risk of exposure, judgment, condemnation, perhaps even murder? (Note, I am not asking whether such ones should "come out" to society, but do so with professionals)? Yes or no.

(a) If you answered no, why not and from whom do you think such help should be sought, and why?

(b) If you answered yes, given what you know about the recent history regarding gay men who've come out in society andgiven the laws regarding reporting pedophiles in your society, do you think such ones can come forward for/find help without risk of exposure, etc., judgment, condemnation, perhaps even murder?

(i) If you answered no, do you think society should do something to perhaps change that? And if so, what?

(ii) If you answered yes, then I think you're good to go!

I think some who bother to consider (and attempt to answer) these questions might realize that their thinking on the matter may have a little pidgeon-holed, perhaps due to personal experiences, outside/environmental persuasions, and/or paradigms on the matter. Which is absolutely understandable. I have no regard for a child molester.

I am not certain, however, that all pedophiles ARE child molesters. And I think that that is the author's point. Many of us had similar thoughts at one time, though, about other demographics, particularly homosexuals, that they were simply deviants and choosing their attractions. Apparently, that is not the case; apparently, there is some biology involved. Now, someone is suggesting, based on research (and while some may not feel it adequate, it's certainly more than any of us here have done) that biology is involved in pedophilia, too. Do I know? Nope. What makes sense to ME, though, is that pedophilia... a medical term that [currently] describes "persons age 16 or older" and "typically characterized by a primary or exclusive sexual interest in prepubescent children"... isn't necessarily the same thing as "child molestation" AND doesn't necessarily start at age 16. Sorry, but I just can't wrap my around somebody waking up at age 16 and going, "Oh, wait, NOW I like little kids!". Not given what I know about homosexuality ("I was born this way")... gender identification ("I was born this way, but I'm not this way")... and straight sexuality ("I can/will never be any other way").

[Very] little sympathy for child molesters, if any (if they were a child victim, I have a modicum of sympathy, but only a modicum - otherwise, I only have pity). More sympathy for a non-offending (yet) pedophile... who wants help. How could I not be?

Again, peace to you all... and my apologies if we don't agree. But... we don't have to.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

definintion of a pedophile

A pedophile is an adult or adolescent who is 16 years of age or older, who is primarily or exclusively sexually attracted to children who have not reached puberty, generally those below 14. [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] The prepubescent child must be at least five years younger than the adolescent before the attraction can be diagnosed as pedophilia. [1]

Medically, pedophilia is classified as a mental disorder called "pedophilia". [1] [6] Some people with pedophilia have sex with children or use children in a sexual way. This is called "child sexual abuse". Many, but not all, children who are sexually abused, are abused by people who have pedophilia. Some adults have pedophile feelings but do not act by sexually abusing children.

• Razziel
    Razziel

We have two dots sitting side by side. And try as I might to imply the obvious (to me) without outright saying it, it seems only AGuest and SixofNine want to connect them, at least publicly. It's very difficult to come up with effective solutions if you are unwilling to at least consider root causes you don't like.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Some people with pedophilia have sex with children or use children in a sexual way.

Thank you, dear, dear Purp... and the greatest of love and peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Razziel,

I get it, there are allot of people that are attracted to children in a sexual way. That I don't get, I don't have that inclination at all. I have just been reading stats of sexual child abuse and it's staggering, I am overwhelmed and a bit in shock right now.

Knowing a person is a pedophile is not known until an act has taken place. The ones that reach the media are so henious, for a person to admit they even have sexual feelings towards a child, let the lynchings begin. Not being able to voice that must be difficult for those that truely do not want to hurt anyone and want help. There needs to be global education and support for people that are pedophiles. Instead of the shame associated with admitting it, a different approach needs to be taken. The shame is not in being one but in acting on it.

I fully understand Lady Lees comment about the white matter in the brain, blah blah blah. These predators are very clever in how they operate. And I know this particular Doctor from the article says pedophile/sexual child molesters have lower IQ's but other sites I have read say otherwise. It has no racial bounderies, educational, economical, etc etc.

Childrens Rights have a long way to go. And all I know to do right now is too keep fighting for them.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Talesin said

The Canadian Government gave him $1 million to fund this study, but survivors of sexual abuse can't get their therapy paid for.

Just sayin' .... grrrr

ABSOLUTELY +1 CRAZY, CRAZY, CRAZY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit