Do Pedophiles deserve sympathy?

by purplesofa 149 Replies latest members adult

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

The real question about the problem is this:

In what way do we deal with pedophiles that provides some sort of real restitution to victims (this may be impossible) and protects the innocent going forward?

• AGuest
    AGuest

I didn't get that the author thought there should be sympathy for child molesters (may you all have peace!), but for pedophiles who've managed to control the urge and not (yet) commit molestation. I got that he's asking whether we should have sympathy for such ones so that as a society we can make it "safe" for these to come out/forward and get help controlling/changing their urges BEFORE they molest. I would personally say abso-frickin-lutely! If we have a society were these folks can't seek help before they harm a child... then we're failing that person... and the child(ren) they ultimately molest. I mean, we have "help" for virtually every other psycho-biological "ailment" out there - why in the WORLD would we not want to make it safe for these folks to get help so as NOT to harm a child? And wouldn't we have to have a modicum of sympathy for someone who suffers from the ailment in order to WANT to help them?

All kinds of others harm children - some even kill children (and others). Drunk drivers, drug abusers, physical abusers, mental/emotional abusers... clergy (sorry, had to throw that in there).

What if the pedophile/child molester... is a child? Should we really stop at "You know better than to play 'doctor' with that little boy/girl!" DO they, really? And if they do, can they NOT play doctor?

No, I don't have sympathy for a child molester. I may have pity (little, but some). I can have sympathy, though, for a pedophile, as that describes someone who has sexual urges for children (which can include adults AND children) as a result of a biological disorders that leads to/causes such impulses. Before they become a child molester. If we can accept the biological reality that some men like men, some women like women, some men/women like much older men/women... then, as repulsive as it may be... don't we have to accept that some men/women who like children is a reality, as well?

Some people are sexually attracted to animals, dear ones. Some are attracted to dead bodies. Some are attracted to inanimate things (and not necessarily those designed to BE attracted to sexually). Is it the desire, though, that we MUST despise in others? Or the actions resulting from those desires? Just asking.

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Right, AGuest

I agree, I cannot put into words what I think, good job.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

sooner, thanks for sharing, I am sorry that happened to you.

Blondie, I am sorry too for you.

Thank-you everyone for your input. I was kind of scared to post this.

purps

• Razziel
    Razziel

If we can accept the biological reality that some men like men, some women like women, some men/women like much older men/women... then, as repulsive as it may be... don't we have to accept that some men/women who like children is a reality, as well?

Thanks for posting that. I've tried to imply that thought in past threads, but it never gains much traction because the implications are extremely uncomfortable to think about.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

There is a difference though, what adults do to/with each other is one thing, and having ones consent is one thing.

But when it comes to minors it's different.

It's like the blood issue, as much as I hate that an adult makes the decision to not get a blood transfusion and dies,

it is their right IMO, but to pass this on to a minor child is wrong, that is IMO as well.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I do realize the attraction is not different.

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

Pedophiles can't be fixed. It least that's what they say on Law & Order SVU...The best thing for them is the treatment they get while they're in prison by their cell mate Ben Dover.

Chris-

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Did someone say Bon Iver?

Good night everyone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62i9Sodwp5o

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Do Pedophiles deserve sympathy?

Simply put..

Share this

Google+