Do Pedophiles deserve sympathy?

by purplesofa 149 Replies latest members adult

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Interesting thread.Obviously hard to read because of the subject matter.

Well, isn't there a difference between sexual attraction (between adults) with the potential, and usually desire, for consentual sex AND a consenting relationship(s) of some kind...and the desire for sex with a child..since it is without the same kind of romantic, and emotional attachment? Idk.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Well, isn't there a difference between sexual attraction (between adults) with the potential, and usually desire, for consentual sex AND a consenting relationship(s) of some kind...and the desire for sex with a child..since it is without the same kind of romantic, and emotional attachment? Idk.

What about adults who want non-consenting sex with other adults, dear CE (peace to you!)? We call those rapists. And what of those who prefer sex with animals, corpses, and inanimate objects? No romance/emotional attachment there that I know of.

Are there truly "sicknesses" in this world that we should just write off, consider beyond our help under any and all circumstances? At what point does a child molester's pedophilic tendencies start? What "triggers" them and when? Should we consider castrating little boys who've been molested to keep THEM from [potentially] becoming molesters?

Or should we grant amnesty to those who have the urges... but truly want some kind of help... adults AND children... BEFORE they harm a child?

I think it's something we as a society might want to consider. Ounce of prevention and all that.

Just my $0.02.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

"What about adults who want non-consenting sex with other adults, dear CE (peace to you!)? We call those rapists. And what of those who prefer sex with animals, corpses, and inanimate objects? No romance/emotional attachment there that I know of."

Well, that's kind of my point. I agree with what you are saying and all. I just mean that those attractions, grouped together (except, possibly, one or two of those) seem different than homosexuality and hetorosexuality and bisexuality.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Ugh, that sounded stupid.

I mean different as in...psychologically wired to be attracted to non-consenting partners. Idk. I'm an idiot. Nvm.

• AGuest
    AGuest

You're not an idiot at all (peace to you!), and don't ever think that: YOU know what you mean... and discussions like this help in drawing that out, so you're cool!

I just mean that those attractions, grouped together (except, possibly, one or two of those) seem different than homosexuality and hetorosexuality and bisexuality.

And I hear YOU, but I'm not sure all would agree with you that homosexuality and bisexuality are different. Some (ignorantly) believe these to be deviant behaviors that can be "corrected," versus biological realities. I believe the actions can be "corrected" (and the millions of people who've had hid their tendencies over millenia are proof of that)... but not the desire. Like an alcoholic - that one doesn't drink doesn't mean they're not an alcoholic (and I don't mean to suggest that such people should abstain from the sexual preference. That isn't my point, at all.).

But I'm not sure that non-consent is the underlying psychological impetus (although it can be in some situations - were power is the issue, not sex, per se). I'm thinking that, like a lot of homosexuals who don't want to be (again, not judging, not trying to say what folks should want - just recognizing that some believe themselves to be "abnormal" and want to be "normal")... there are some pedophiles who wish they weren't... and would seek help to "change"... if not deal with and control the desires... if such help was available.

Unlike homosexuality, however, no such "help" exists for pedophiles (or if so, it's very rare). People (particularly the religious) wanted to "help" homosexuals; no one wants to "help" a pedophile. Goodness, I'm not sure one can even profess one is a pedophile. And I think that's what the author is getting at: until we develop some kind of sympathy for the biological influences that may RESULT in pedophilia... and those who suffer for it... we can't help them... or the children they may eventually molest.

And that's a shame, IMHO.

Again, peace to you, dear CE!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• tec
    tec

I have little sympathy for pedophiles who carry out their desires... without a care at all for those they hurt. (the 'little' sympathy comes from having that desire to begin with).

I have much sympathy for those who have the urges, hate them and themselves for it, and WANT to stop before they hurt a child.

I think pedophiles should turn themselves in if they cannot control themselves (and it would seem for the most part that they cannot, that at some point most of them will fail)... and this would be easier for them to do if we had somewhere for them TO turn, to help them as we help protect others from them.

So I think that we SHOULD be investing in ways to offer that help, to study and to learn how pedophilia devolops, sorks, and then how to treat and perhaps prevent it altogether. Especially since so many who are molesters tend also to have been victims. In either case, treating or curing the potential molester... protects the potential victim.

Peace,

tammy

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

AGuest, I get what you're saying. We just don't know enough about all this yet I suppose.

I do think that I recall reading that many pedophiles (It MAY have just been actual molesters, but i do not know for sure) as well as rapists have a very hard if not impossible time understanding how much they hurt their victims. If not impossible. They lack that ability, the compassion and guilt. I am not sure exactly how this fits in with what we're saying, but i think it may. I will research it more later.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

@tec: yuppers.

• Nambo
    Nambo

I seem to recall that there is a small insular Island somewhere, a forgotten part of the British Empire and inhabited by British desendants, from what I remember this island was being critisised because pedophilia was a normal and accepted part of their culture, everyone practiced it.

It would be interesting to know why and how they came to this state of affairs, what the children themselves think of it, etc.

You only have to look at African Female Circumcision where the children suffer so horriblly, yet grow up to insist thier own daughters suffer the practice to realise society can be corrupted to the extent that such horrors as pedophilia can easily become normal and accepted, just as it must have been acceptable for the Isrealities to burn their firstborn alive to Molech.

Now dont take offence here, Iam illistrating a point, just 50 years ago Homosexuality was viewed in much the same way as Pedophillia is now, (Iam not saying it is the same, just that was how it was viewed), now here we are in the same generation where the same homosexual practice is accepted along with the view that to not accept it, you are some sort of a hater.

I wonder how long it will be before we reach this state of affairs with pedophilia and wiether the original article is a tentative step along this awfull road for there are indeed people in power that suffer this perversion and would surely like it to become more prevalent.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

What about pedophiles who are "attracted" to very young children, even babies? Is that really an "attraction"? Or just perverse evil?

One of the posters here suggests we should remove the emotional quality from the discussion, I would argue precisely the opposite, it is the emotional variable that makes us feel disgust and revulsion for what these molestors do to children.

I understand the wanting to figure out the "hardwiring" but you must accept that some people exercise their free will choice to do things of this detestable nature.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit