Dan Savage talks about the bible and Christian students flee

by Terry 319 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    BTS, perfect time to answer your accusers. Do you agree with the message, mainly to stop the anti-gay sentiment? This is apparently what they are looking for.

I strongly oppose discrimination against gays. I don't approve of gay hating. I think homosexuals should be free to serve in the military, or to enjoy, as couples, the same legal recognition that heterosexual couples do. When it is put up to vote in my state (as it has) I vote for liberty.

My comments address the fact that Savage is every bit as much of a savage as the people who hate gays and bash them. He is the gay version of Rick Santorum.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

From what I can understand BTS, and correct me if I'm wrong, you don't hate what Savage said here but you are still using this controversy to say how much you hate him as a person.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Dan Savage is a sociopath.

Dude, have you ever read a book called The Bible?

That book is full of "sociopath"!

You realize it says that a rape victim is to be sold to her rapist and the price gets paid to her father for the "damaged goods"?

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    From what I can understand BTS, and correct me if I'm wrong, you don't hate what Savage said here but you are still using this controversy to say how much you hate him as a person.

No. I hate how he thinks and acts. I do not hate his person. He must be miserable inside to be the way he is.

I don't agree with what Savage said. Savage could have said how some people oppose the freedom of homosexuals on religions grounds, but that this is a secular society and that we all have equal rights under the law, and gayranteed by the U.S. Constitution. He could have gone further and disussed how many Christians don't hold these fundamentalist, hateful views, and even given some example reasonings. He had a real opportunity to reach out and touch minds and hearts. Instead, he closed them by descending into a vile diatribe that misrepresents Christianity for millions of people. He did his cause no good whatsoever and opened the gap further. He blew it.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

We all have an opinion. Hate is just one of them.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Berengaria, will you answer my question? Do you agree with Savage's sentiment that "Republicans should all f***ing die?"

Your silence speaks volumes.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Savage may well be a complete savage and A-hole. I don't know. But his point about the Bible is spot on.

I've read that book and not just the parts quoted in the WT. It contains much ignorance, superstition, gore beyond belief and the stuff of nightmares. Why anyone would use it as a guide to life is beyond me.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I can't really disagree with anything that Dan Savage said. Except the part about calling those high-schoolers pansy-ass. That's the only thing I didn't care for.

Savage gave an interesting apology for the "pansy ass" comment here.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Bravo to Dan Savage! Bullshit Bible indeed. Anyone that thinks that what he said was obscene probably doesn't need to have any kind of face to face action with me. I give sailors and bikers lessons in the obscenological arts.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I've read that book and not just the parts quoted in the WT. It contains much ignorance, superstition, gore beyond belief and the stuff of nightmares. Why anyone would use it as a guide to life is beyond me.

Bing-fucking-O! I couldn't have said it better myself. Wow! I agreed with Bizzy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit