Dan Savage talks about the bible and Christian students flee

by Terry 319 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    Savage gave an interesting apology for the "pansy ass" comment here .

He does it all the time. He said a Green candidate should be tied behind a truck and dragged until there is nothing left but rope. He will do this sort of thing again. He can't help himself. His apologies are meaningless.

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=20001109&slug=4052247

Sex columnist pleads guilty to one charge of voter fraud

DES MOINES, Iowa - A sex columnist from Seattle, charged with voter fraud for participating in the Iowa caucuses, pleaded guilty to one of two charges to avoid jail time.

Dan Savage, known for his "Savage Love" column in The Stranger, a Seattle weekly newspaper, was charged in April with two counts of voter fraud after he wrote in the online magazine Salon.com that he tried to sabotage the presidential campaign of Republican Gary Bauer. Savage, 36, faced serious misdemeanor and felony charges carrying a maximum penalty of six years in prison. His trial had been scheduled for Dec. 4.

He pleaded guilty Tuesday to fraudulently voting in a caucus, a serious misdemeanor, and was sentenced to a year on probation, 50 hours of community service and a $750 fine.

Savage wrote that he tried to infiltrate Bauer's Iowa campaign as an act of protest and attempted to give Bauer the flu by licking doorknobs at the campaign headquarters.

http://phillyist.com/2006/10/12/dan_savage_carl.php

From the interview:

• "Carl Romanelli should be dragged behind a pickup truck until there's nothing left but the road." (2:41)

• "Any progressive who votes for a Green anymore after Nader and now Romanelli is a fucking idiot and should be beaten with sticks." (3:05)

• "If Carl Romanelli gets back on the ballot, someone should run him over with a truck." (5:22)
  • Berengaria
    Berengaria
    Berengaria, will you answer my question? Do you agree with Savage's sentiment that "Republicans should all f***ing die?"
    Your silence speaks volumes.

It does, it really does. I'm cooking dinner.

And that was not your question. This was your question

So you agree the statement is hateful and out of line?
  • botchtowersociety
  • Berengaria
    Berengaria

I give sailors and bikers lessons in the obscenological arts.

How much do you charge? I need a refresher course.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

He pleaded guilty Tuesday to fraudulently voting in a caucus, a serious misdemeanor, and was sentenced to a year on probation, 50 hours of community service and a $750 fine.

King David seduced a married woman, got her pregnant, tried to trick the husband into thinking the baby was his, had her husband murdered, then married the widow. He was "punished" by God killing the baby shortly after birth (kind of like a very late term abortion). And David was further punished by having his wives and concubines raped, and a bunch of other people killed.

And you think Dan Savage is a sociopath. Maybe he's just been reading The Bible.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

For you Dear Beks...gratis.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    Well?

Well what? Am I going to get bogged down in your tributary to this thread? No. I don't give a flying fig about Dan Savage, but the OP vid was right on.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Do you agree with Savage's sentiment that "Republicans should all f***ing die?"

He retracted that here. His own dad is a republican. He says a lot of stuff and then later changes... kinda like Romney now comdemning "Romneycare".

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    Well what?

Do you agree with the statement, or do you disagree? Do you think it was a hateful, out of line thing to say?

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    And you think Dan Savage is a sociopath. Maybe he's just been reading The Bible .

I make a distinction between powerful living breathing people and legendary histories 3000 years old. I started doing that when I left the JWs.

Apparently, you still don't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit