Dan Savage talks about the bible and Christian students flee

by Terry 319 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Well, I guess it's official that BTS is going to go to any length to make sure that nobody on JWN dare to criticize the Bible's anti-gay, pro-slavery rhetoric.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    Well, I guess it's official that BTS is going to go to any length to make sure that nobody on JWN dare to criticize the Bible's anti-gay, pro-slavery rhetoric.

Really? Are you being serious? I've had many discussions on the subject here, over the years. I've never tried to silence criticism.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

So hating on the bible translates into hating on Christians? Attack a Christian idea and it's persecution.

NC

• darthfader
    darthfader

I am not a bible believer. I have friends who are gay. I must admit that I have on occasion used (almost) all of George Carlin's 7 words. But when people use these words when trying to make a point, it's charged emotionally and I usually tune it out. If you have to resort to cursing and insults to make your point, it's time to go back to english class and expand your vocabulary. Sorry, but cursing = foolish and to argue any different means that you are missing my point. cheers

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

What darthfader said. This is a pattern with Dan Savage. To somehow make this person a champion against bullying is stupid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK15GGSpc0s

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

To somehow make this person a champion against bullying is stupid.

So now you're calling his "It gets better" campaign 'stupid'?

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    So now you're calling his "It gets better" campaign 'stupid'?

Did I call the campaign stupid?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

cursing and insults

Do you mean just cursing, or do you mean insults? What is an insult? The Christians were insulted when the bible was simply brought up---many didn't wait for the word 'bullshit' before walking out. They didn't want any aspect of their bible examined in a negative light. So how do we criticize the bible without being insulting? The bible teaches that homosexuals should be stoned---or that they go to hell---or that they are rejected. Okay---so much for the insults and obscenities. The real issue is the word 'bullshit'. That's where I call bullshit. Santorum used the word bullshit. I didn't care. Big deal.

I believe this is all a mask for what really bothers them. It's not the word, it is the criticism. Had he said the bible's stance on homosexuality is 'immoral' they would have had the same complaint. The fact is, the bible for them is off limits. They will focus on whatever it takes to play victim and defend their bible. A lot of noise over nothing. Many of the bible teachings are garbage that have been disposed of. Is that less offensive?

NC

• darthfader
    darthfader

I think the insult I'm speaking of here here is "Pansy Ass"...

BTW I believe that the "It gets better" concept is a good thing.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Did I call the campaign stupid?

That seems to be your message. Destroy Dan Savage. Discredit him as a terrible, hateful person.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit