Dan Savage talks about the bible and Christian students flee

by Terry 319 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• james_woods
    james_woods

All thoughts on Wibble are original.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    BTS, did you think Dan Savage is a school teacher?

Isn't he presenting on journalism to aspiring students?

Isn't that an educational role?

You'd think he would show some professionalism and set an example for future journalists.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    Well, it was kinda fun playing with you kids,,, and I meant no insult to the posters who tried to make this about logic and reason... live long and prosper!

I bet it annoys you that you can't just BEAT me into submission....

Bye.

• talesin
    talesin

Post 9713 of 9714
    Since 10/26/2005

All thoughts on Wibble are original.

From what I can tell, WIBBLE thoughts are both derivative and ill-intended - no decent person would have any part of it.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The original linked article includes this...

He was speaking on April 12 to attendees of the National High School Journalism Conference, sponsored by the Journalism Education Association and the National Scholastic Press Association. The four-day conference, featuring over 200 sessions, two keynote speakers (Dan and Jennifer Sizemore), more than a dozen featured speakers, and more events and activities than you can shake a pen at, was titled Journalism on the Edge.

In case anyone isn't aware, Dan Savage is well known for writing an often explicit column about sexuality. Would anyone be shocked or surprised that he might use 'profanity' when speaking at a conference entitled "Journalism on the Edge"?

• james_woods
    james_woods

Who told you that I was a decent person?

Anyway, I thought we had decided to be nice to one another some time back...

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Including calling students "pansy asses?"

Perhaps it should have been titled: "Journalism on the Decline."

And "on the edge" doesn't mean what you seem to think it means (unhinged behavior).

http://jea.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Seattle_pgm.pdf

• bohm
    bohm

stop bashing the bible, its only calling for gays to be killed.

The real issue here is clearly he said bullshit!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

BTS: "This was held at Sutter Union High School in California."

This is where you get called a "liar". This wasn't held at Sutter Union High School. It was held in Seattle.

...or do you see the location as "open to interpretation"... like the Bible's explicit endorsement of selling rape victims to their rapist.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    This is where you get called a "liar". This wasn't held at Sutter Union High School. It was held in Seattle.

That wasn't a lie, it was an honest error. Comments were made by an educator from that school, and I assumed it was held there.

You made the same mistake:

Was he speaking at "White Supremacy High School"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit