Dan Savage talks about the bible and Christian students flee

by Terry 319 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Diest
    Diest

BTS I fear that you fail to understand hyperbole when someone like Savage speaks. I do love how you link him to Obama so quickly, its failed logic like that that makes me wonder why you are so mad. It is like me linking some bs that some right wing person said to Romney, or god forbid....Ron Paul. For all of your talk of strawmen and argumentum ad infinitum you seem to participate in it just as much as the rest of us.

PS Billy you are My BAMF of the day.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I make a distinction between powerful living breathing people and legendary histories 3000 years old.

You can say that taking the Bible literally is bullsh!t, but Dan Savage cannot. Your double standards are just so confusing.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    You can say that taking the Bible literally is bullsh!t, but Dan Savage cannot. Your double standards are just so confusing.

No it is not a double standard.

As a journalist, I would never go up and talk to a gathering of high school students who aspire to be journalists and engage in that sort of rhetoric.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

As a journalist,...

Are you a journalist?

• botchtowersociety
  • NewChapter
    NewChapter

hmmmm. Well. BTS, about that all Republicans should die comment----

Tell me, do you think that what Ted said about Obama sucking on his machine gun and the recent comments he made at that NRA thing were wrong? Do you support him? I recall you telling me that it was stupid of me to quit listening to a mediocre performer because I think he is garbage as a person, so what's the big deal with Dan? You don't like him---is that any reason to dismiss his message?

And for the record, I fully support your decision to completely tune him out if you find him to be a horrible person. Just like I tune out that crappy performer who has an inflated sense of self. I won't even call that decision stupid.

NC

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Yes.

Based on your researching skills, do you happen to write for The Watchtower and Awake! ?

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    Based on your researching skills, do you happen to write for The Watchtower and Awake! ?

Nice.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Cofty rule!!!! No Billy! Don't go there! Pleeezzzeeee.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    And for the record, I fully support your decision to completely tune him out if you find him to be a horrible person. Just like I tune out that crappy performer who has an inflated sense of self. I won't even call that decision stupid.

I do tune him out. He is free to speak, as am I. The response to free speech we do not agree with is more speech. The issue is not Savage's free speech per se, but when/where he uses it. As a society, we have chosen to treat children differently.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit