Christian Apologists - Please Watch This and Tell Us Why it is wrong?

by cantleave 834 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

The oil being a world without God. Doesn't it sound refreshing?

Refreshing INDEED! But a pipe dream, I'm afraid.

• bohm
    bohm

Sab: I'm not sure what you mean. What I am saying is that you must give me the context of the burning witches. Who were the perpetrators? Were they ignorant fools? Was the concept of a witch being used to kill a political enemy? Is there a world where witch burning was avoided that I don't know about?

To paraphrase myself: you should know your worldview is in trouble if the question: "Is it bad to tie an innocent woman to a stick and set her on fire" require specifying relevant details like: who burned her (so there are some people who can burn women and you are all cool with it?), if they was ignorant (okay if you are stupid its okay to burn a woman?) or if it was part of a political strategy.

Is there a world where witch burning was avoided that I don't know about?

This is one of the dumbest strawmen i have read in a while. Why is this even relevant? Is it so damn hard for you, even with access to the special God/Evil insight which is apparently different than what is avaliable for us mere atheists, to determine if its a bad thing to tie a person to a stick and burn him alive? Does it really require an alternative universe without witch-burnings for you to determine it does not have some crazy side effects on society not once in a while burn an old woman because the cow died?

Sab, are you going totally fundie crazy on us?

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

awwww Chappy, you know just the right words to get me all happy...

Getting back on track here...Sab, I really don't understand half of what you say you believe in. It's all very fuzzy with no edges to it at all. I know that you believe in a single entity you call 'god' based on an idea that nothing comes from nothing but I'm not sure how this distinguishes you from people who lived thousands of years ago that watched lightning and heard thunder and concluded that this must prove that an invisible being is making it happen. And if nothing comes from nothing, then where did this 'god' come from? I've asked you this before and you didn't really answer, just gave some kind of vague response that had no real substance to it. If nothing comes from nothing and this is why we need to beleive in God, then give me some logical something that tells me where this God came from.

• bohm
    bohm

NC: I will be there at the poacher meeting, will you bring the roasted baby? I have some wonderfull new traps, like you can ask an theist if its bad to shake a baby, or if water is wet.

BOOM.

total gotcha question, you just cant say yes or no, because its a totally impossible logic question.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    To paraphrase myself: you should know your worldview is in trouble if the question: "Is it bad to tie an innocent woman to a stick and set her on fire" require specifying relevant details like: who burned her (so there are some people who can burn women and you are all cool with it?), if they was ignorant (okay if you are stupid its okay to burn a woman?) or if it was part of a political strategy.

The most important factor is the time and setting. A sin, which is another word for a crime, is only on the shoulders of the doer who knows what they are doing. That's why factors are important, my simplistic friend. I find it highly predictible that the scientific community is trying to take ahold of ethics and morals and call it them their own and it's evidence of their corruption. If they knew their place they would not worry about spirituality soley for the reason that their methods cannot detect it. Quantum physics cannot talk to conventional physics does that mean that neither exist? Of course not.

This is one of the dumbest strawmen i have read in a while.

It is in no way a straw man argument and it's a very good point. Every scientist in the world still has to admit only one path to sentience and that's our historical path which includes ghastly things such as witch burning. Those are my ancestors and I aknowledge responsibility for their actions and see how theirs led to mine. I am happy that today we get to enjoy freedom, but I don't demonize people's actions who didn't have it like you do. A perfect reason for science to stay out of the the realms of Good and Evil and continue doing what they do best which is find and compile new evidences and create new theories for the betterment of mankind. Not wage a war on belief because they arrogantly think they can explain the spiritual concept of Good and Evil from the beginning of time of which they cannnot even explain themselves.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Getting back on track here...Sab, I really don't understand half of what you say you believe in. It's all very fuzzy with no edges to it at all. I know that you believe in a single entity you call 'god' based on an idea that nothing comes from nothing but I'm not sure how this distinguishes you from people who lived thousands of years ago that watched lightning and heard thunder and concluded that this must prove that an invisible being is making it happen. And if nothing comes from nothing, then where did this 'god' come from? I've asked you this before and you didn't really answer, just gave some kind of vague response that had no real substance to it. If nothing comes from nothing and this is why we need to beleive in God, then give me some logical something that tells me where this God came from.

God is the First and the Last. There is nothing else.

-Sab

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I realized that I forgot to answer this question...

You probably tip toe around the subject as to not offend, do you do that, if so why?

Inter personal relationships at the office are a little different than being on a message board when it comes to expressing ideas. I'm fully aware that my views on the god notion are not very popular with society in general so I'm very cautious about bleating them out, although people of faith don't have that restraint whatsoever. Also, I really like this woman even though I just met her and have had a few phone conversations with her. She's kind, welcoming and from what I can see, a truly lovely person. It's not my practice in life to debate religion or belief systems when I meet people in person because these are very sensitive topics that cut to the core of human behavior and deep set training from infancy. If she and I become friends in the future, I may ask her some questions and express some of my opinions but only time will tell how that will develop. Perhaps I'll poach her.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

will you bring the roasted baby?

Seasoned with Lemon and Sage.

I have some wonderfull new traps, like you can ask an theist if its bad to shake a baby, or if water is wet.

You won't be trapping ME with these yes or no questions? Just when does 'rocking' become 'shaking', that's what I'd like to know---and who gets to define it? How about generations past, before the PSA's? Were they wrong to shake a baby, because they didn't know the possible consequences? There is no simple answer to such a question, and I don't appreciate your evil snares.

As to water---AH HA! Thought you had me. Water can also be ICE! Is ice wet? IS IT? I cannot say. Sometimes I touch it and my finger comes aways dry. Sometimes I touch it, and my finger comes away WET. SOMETIMES I touch it and it rips the skin from my finger and I require extensive hospital stays and skin grafts. Who can answer this? Certainly not SCIENCE! It's god's will---which leads to the question---is water evil? THAT's what you should concern yourself with. It can give life----and it can drown! It can relax you and snuggle you in bubbles, or it can cause hypothermia. It can be liquid, solid or gas----water is a tricky one. My instincts tell me SATAN.

NC

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Perhaps I'll poach her.

you want to come to our poacher's meeting? We're having roasted baby.

NC

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

God is the First and the Last. There is nothing else.

ahhhh good, so you admit that your reason for believing in god is not based on 'nothing comes from nothing'. It's a start at least.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit