Christian Apologists - Please Watch This and Tell Us Why it is wrong?

by cantleave 834 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bohm
    bohm

Sab: The scientific method requires equipment and education to come to it's full fruition. That means that it's directly tied to both ecnomics and the educational system which is also tied to economics. Power corrupts, I know you believe in that. It's naive to think that the scientific community is not tied to money and everything that is tied to money is corrupt.

All the while you are making these crazy paranoid accusations to bolster your blanket dismissal of the results of science you happend not to like, you think you are in communication with the One True God, that he think you are special, and being a man of faith give you special insights into moral questions and the right to call people who question faith evil. Yah. Totally not something which would corrupt a person.

But the money you get in academia (which by the way pay consistently less than private buisness, and i do know that for a fact), that will totally eat out your sould and make you corrupt.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I merely believe in a creator and I use my mind to elaborate on why that is.

Yep, just like every believer in history. Carry on.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I'm not getting the Bill Maher connection. Is he a scientist?

He's a voice for the democrats which cater to the atheist demographic. He's the poster child for what the scientific community is corrupt and explains their war on faith.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    All the while you are making these crazy paranoid accusations to bolster your blanket dismissal of the results of science you happend not to like

"God doesn't exist" is not a result of science.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    you think you are in communication with the One True God, that he think you are special, and being a man of faith give you special insights into moral questions and the right to call people who question faith evil. Yah. Totally not something which would corrupt a person.

Now wait just one second. I believe that every human being has the potential to open the door to God. However he doesn't knock forever and you can send him away. Saying that I opened the door doesn't automatically make me more special than anyone else. It just means I took a different path. However people like you believe that my path is non existent and you are wrong.

-Sab

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

He's a voice for the democrats which cater to the atheist democratic. He's the poster child for what the scientific community is corrupt and explains their war on faith.

Uhm, he's a political comedian and hosts a panel weekly to discuss politics. Not all dems are atheists. Not all pubs are believers. Maher had nothing much to do with the scientific community---other than listening to them. How you link Maher with any perceived corruptness of science is beyond my understanding. He's a guy. you must have a lot of boogiemen in your life. He doesn't even have nearly the influence of FOX or Rush.

NC

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

The whole notion of this war on faith waged by democrats is a completely fallacious argument with zero basis in actual fact. It certainly seems to be taking hold however, and why is that? Who's being brainwashed here?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    He doesn't even have nearly the influence of FOX or Rush.

So your argument is that he is losing to his competitors, I see. How many people saw Religulous? The guy lives to piss off believers. Are you really going to say he's not a lead advocate for the scientific community and the democratic party? You don't need to be an expert in science to defend it to the public.

-Sab

• bohm
    bohm

Sab: He's [bill maher] a voice for the democrats which cater to the atheist democratic. He's the poster child for what the scientific community is corrupt and explains their war on faith.

he is a frikkin' commedian with a BA in english and history. He is also pretty darn close to an anti-vaxer; if you are going to judge the entire scientific community as faith-bashing and corrupt because of one guy, at least choose someone who is an actual scientist.

Sab: "God doesn't exist" is not a result of science.

no, but that whole: "subjecting ideas to evidence and logic" thing kind of is. Or to put it in your words, logic traps!.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    The whole notion of this war on faith waged by democrats is a completely fallacious argument with zero basis in actual fact. It certainly seems to be taking hold however, and why is that? Who's being brainwashed here?

Unforunately you cannot watch a commercial without going toe to toe with mind control. If you believe that the US Left doesn't have an anti-God agenda then I don't know what to tell you. So, you think the Republicans are fascists and the Democrats have no propaganda artists, brainwashed much?

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit